Pointing, Looking, and cover

tommysticks

Pointing - Have the ability to extend an arm and point in a direction or have a little arrow appear above your toon's head that you can rotate

Looking - Have the ability to rotate your character and extend your line of sight without raising your weapon. This has given me a heart attack on multiple occasions.

Cover - This came to me last night during a server event (which I didn't know could be possible, but the geniuses at zeek's haven came up with an excellent one). The dungeon/raid/event culminated with one of the server admins with maxed stats and gear attacking a group of (about 20) survivors in a field layed out like a paintball field. We had to move and constantly expose ourselves to get a shot. It would  be cool if when different body positions come out (I read at least there will be a crouch position) that you can easily transition from crouch to standing aim by holding aim or pressing a button.

I have to agree with all of this. You wouldnt know how many times I've scared the pants off myself from accidentally discharging my shotgun trying to sneak around zombies.

I had the same thought that a cover system would be great, watching the Walking Dead. Some survivors holed up in a bar, peeping out of windows every now and then to fire pot shots at raiding parties. I couldnt make a comment on how firefights work in multiplayer, but I'd imagine a sticky cover system would prolong them to more realistic lengths.

On that thought, sliding around corners and such could add a lot to the questionable stealth mechanics.