Ammo penetration

VASH581

Right now we have 2 kinds of powerful rifle rounds that are capable of one-shoting a zombie. Unfortunatly, both of them can still only hit one zombie per shot just like 9mm round, making it almost impossible to clear a horde with that slow hunting rifle unless sniping from the roof.

In real life, .223 FMJ and .308 FMJ can easily pierce through human body without losing too much momentum. So my idea is that when a .223/.308 bullet hit someone, there's a chance for it to penetrate the target and hit anyone behind it as well. I think it's not too OP and will make it a bit easier at clearing a horde.

1+

FML can even go through walls or weak door, dont know if the rifles in the game have that impact but im pretty sure. So if a Zed stay behind an small Wall or Container and you shoot he will be killed (with some luck of course)

I haven't seen it but if it is the odds need to be raised up a lot. i was thinking something like the first penetration is either 50-10% (A specific number between it that makes sense because i don't know exact numbers) Then from there the number is cut in half (Or a third or forth if the first percent is high) Then its repeated so on and so forth.

The odds of a bullets going through a wall and then actually hitting something are really small.  

I'm not sure its even feasible with the way the guns work.  I mean my shotgun fires kills zombies at a 70 degree angle to the actual barrel. 

If there is a good way to make it work I would love this.

I am not so much interested in zombie penetration (giggle) but instead making certain ammo able to penetrate wooden doors/barricades.

I thought that was what the forum meant. That is what i came to talk about but forgot. Anyway it should be a thing but would the bullet accuracy curve or rotate at all or go straight though?

I think the point of guns once you get to the level of the rifle and pistol is to deal with other survivors, who are usually much better equipped than zeds and much smarter. Ideally, shotgun can clear a path through a hoard, or the whole hoard if you're smart, or give you a simple definite kill in tight spaces. The rifle can be used tactically to take out survivors (who will be few in number usually) from a safe distance. The pistol is kinda in between where it can shoot close enough, quick enough, and easily enough that it can get you out of an emergency, but can still be used tactically against the smarter survivors.

I think the point of guns once you get to the level of the rifle and pistol is to deal with other survivors, who are usually much better equipped than zeds and much smarter. Ideally, shotgun can clear a path through a hoard, or the whole hoard if you're smart, or give you a simple definite kill in tight spaces. The rifle can be used tactically to take out survivors (who will be few in number usually) from a safe distance. The pistol is kinda in between where it can shoot close enough, quick enough, and easily enough that it can get you out of an emergency, but can still be used tactically against the smarter survivors.

Yeah, but what are you trying to say regarding bullet penetration? :P

Basically, so you can deal with survivors covering behind wooden walls/doors.

Yes, this will make the Firearms a little bit better in use.

PLEASE DONT ADD A HITMARKER :P

Yes, this will make the Firearms a little bit better in use.

PLEASE DONT ADD A HITMARKER :P

agreed.

I just meant that even if penetration was modeled like it would happen in reality, it still would very rarely kill more than one target. I just meant that the rifle isn't meant to ever deal with crowds of any kind. As far as wall penetration, I would say that in real life you'd almost never hit someone through a house wall with a civilian round (and player-made walls should be counted the same to keep up the integrity of player made fortresses). Maybe you could reasonably expect to hit someone though a window barricade or an unbarricaded door if they were near that window or door.

I just meant that even if penetration was modeled like it would happen in reality, it still would very rarely kill more than one target. I just meant that the rifle isn't meant to ever deal with crowds of any kind. As far as wall penetration, I would say that in real life you'd almost never hit someone through a house wall with a civilian round (and player-made walls should be counted the same to keep up the integrity of player made fortresses). Maybe you could reasonably expect to hit someone though a window barricade or an unbarricaded door if they were near that window or door.

I disagree! I have to say some rounds can go through walls. It depends on the caliber and they may curve but they will still go through. Its possible and player walls cant be much stronger. I would strong disagree that they couldn't pierce walls. They may be resisted but they have a good 50% 50% chance.