Multiplayer, models, Sounds, Skills/Traits, Items, Gameplay elements etc

Rockbuddy9

Some ideas have come to me while actually playing the game and even, attempting to start a server.
I'll just go straight to the point and then have some form of conclusive paragraph (or something)

Multiplayer

• make it much simpler to enable sandbox settings for a multiplayer game
  • instead of having an external program to host the server, internalize it into the actual game
  • make it possible for drop in drop out gameplay when on singleplayer modes (checkbox for online mode or something like that, although i dont think it is nessecary, this can just save a step or 3 etc for making a fun night/day/morning/afternoon/dawn/dusk with friends)
  • allow for a "direct connect" through the steam interface or through "join server" 
  • if none of the simplified connection ideas do not go through, at least update the wiki on how to host a server. I have personally spent over 7 hours (at the time of posting this to date) just trying to host a server. The farthest i get into hosting one is one my friend tries to connect, the connection just fails. I've tried portforwarding, VPN (hamachi) and several different IPs. To clarify, I am the only one able to connect to the server at any given time.

Models/Textures

• when you turn on a stove, the model/texture (from  what I can see) does not change, just make it go to orange slowly, to symbolize the heating of the elements.
  • when placing something on the stove (like a frying pan or a cooking pot) actually make the object appear on it, along with whatever food is placed onto it
  • despite this is probably in the works, new models for rolling pins, pens, pencils and other weapons that share the knife/baseball bat models
  • when a weapon displays something like "Sight:Red Dot, Canon: Laser" make the items actually appear on the weapon in the inventory and when equipped
  • designs on vests and sweaters, to allow for some more variation (works well because you have quite a broad amount of colors available, the designs would increase the "amount" of clothing significantly

Animations

• despite i believe this is in the common suggested area and it has been noted with a (y), sneaking animations. to be more specific, for times when you are near a waist high object and looking over it, your character will "peer" over it, to see what is on the other side. when not looking over said object, your character will sort of plant themselves against the object and shuffle along (providing the direction the are going is next to the object and they are indeed touching said object). another idea is peering around walls (when near a corner of a wall while sneaking, you character (if the mouse is directed as such) will look over the wall, leaving them less likely to be seen etc
  • reloading animations (even though this might be difficult seeing how the reload speed of some weapons would make any legitimate and realistic movement look silly, so therefore it is not overly important)
  • "improved" shoving animations (what I mean by improved is, if you have an item equipped your character will still have it equipped while shoving/will shove with it)
  • make climbing over waist high objects less clunky (it feels like there is a slight near 1 second delay before you actually decide to climb the object)
  • even though i can imagine this is already being put into the works, barricading/construction animations. here, I'll even save some time by saying "all you have to do is swing the hammer in the right direction and you're pretty well in a big step in the right direction)
  • better zombie bite/scratch animations (when you get bitten or scratched, make the physical model connect with the player, unless you find that destroys something in the gameplay element, personally, I do not)

Sounds

• cooking sounds (when cooking meat i noticed that there was no sound, unless it is very quiet)
  • maybe (not necessary) 3D audio (this might make the gameplay more easy for those with access to 3D audio)
  • character breathing when exerted (each level of exertion will have different levels of breathing, including how rapid it is, how deep each breath is etc)
  • sounds from picking up items, would just add to some immersion from the game
  • sound from opening containers (opening a fridge door, cupboard, pantry, drawer, cardboard box, barbecue, wooden crate etc)

Skills/Traits

• Vegetarian:refuses to eat meat
  • Carnivore: refuses to eat vegetables/fruits
  • Gun Smith: Improves the condition of guns, ability to repair and modify guns too
  • Bully: Pushing is more likely to knock down a zombie/survivor/npc/player
  • Four Eyed/Nerd/Glasses: While wearing glasses, your vision improves, opposite effect when off
  • Fast Eater: Eats much faster
  • Slow eater: Eats much slower
  • Favorite Food (pick 1 for free, the rest for 1 point): Eating X food removes more hunger
  • Hot Body: Body temperatures warm up faster
  • Cold Blooded: Body temperatures cool off faster
  • Food Enthusiast: While at any stages of being fed, reduces your level of panic
  • Eating Disorder: Panic while eating
  • Over eater: chance when eating less than what you desired for, your character eats more (IE you click eat 1/4, your character eats 1/2, clicked 1/2, character eats full)
  • Head on a Swivel: Turn much faster when in sneak mode
  • Stiff Neck: Turn much slower when in sneak mode (could also be a symptom from injury)
  • Controlled Breathing: Resting reduces exertion much faster
  • Gasps for Air: While resting, exertion reduces much slower
  • On the Move: perform more actions while moving, but at a slower speed
  • Focused Mind: Stopping for a few seconds then performing an action makes the action happen much faster
  • One Thing At A Time: Moving not only cancels the action, makes it so you can't do the same action for 3 seconds
  • Racing Thoughts: Actions (overall) are much slower as you do not think clearly about them
  • Running Reload: Reload much slower, but sprint as you reload
  • Reload on Point: Reload much faster, but while remaining completely still, unable to reload when moving
  • Neutral traits (self explanatory, negative and positive part to a perk)
  • completing in game actions increases your based free trait/skill points (every 1000 zombies killed or something on normal exp [exp modifiers increases that value by the EXP modifier, IE 20x exp, 20,000 zombies need to die) gives you 1 more skillpoint, if done in a single playthrough)

Gameplay Elements

• dropping a source of light (IE candle) with it on lights up an area, based on the object
  • the ability to "cue" up multiple actions/constructions