Baseball bats are way too common

zeroarcanus

I've played enough to know which weapons and tools are great, and it feels like something is wrong.

Baseball bats are extremely easy to find, very durable and has high damage. As soon as you get one (which is very short amount of time from start) you're out of trouble. I truly think the spawn rate of baseball bats should be lowered down. It feels like every one out of 4-5 houses has a baseball bat.

Yes, it should be rewarding to loot houses, but finding a great weapon such as this on an area that has almost no zed around is kind of cheap.

You're right, find a baseball bat+hammer+nail and you can kill a horde (if you're good enough)

It's really perfect and common, ultil future changes on it's spawn try to reduce the spawn rate of weapons if playing in sandbox

Baseball bats really are that common, at least if you live in the US. Go down your street and ask your neighbors if they have a baseball bat in their house and I bet you close to half of them will say yes.

The thing that makes baseball bats OP is they hit 2 zombies with each swing in addition to being commonly found, it's not very realistic. A sledgehammer sure, an axe maybe, but a baseball bat?

I have to disagree with them being overly common in an op fashion and i feel the stats are well balanced. They are not even metal which most of them are irl so i see no problem with them being decent weapons. They feel decently balanced besides a few minor things which could be changed. Besides a few stat differences it feels very well rounded and balanced.

I agree with that. I'm not American so i can't tell about how common baseball bats are in the houses, especially in Kentucky. But, in game, they are far more common than axes, for example and, in my country, every build have an axe for emergency. I don't know if the developers just balance the game without weapons or they focus in the realistic chances only, but one of this two needs a re balance. 

I feel fine with how common the baseball bats are for now. (If I have an axe or something else already than I just ignore the extras. However in multiplayer I grab as many as possible and store them near my base just in case I get robbed there are always supplies out there somewhere.

In the future maybe we could get table legs and such to smash zombie skulls in then we would not need so many baseball bats!

One day I really hope and hope that we could use them Rubik's cubes to smash a zombies skull in as I am not smart enough to solve the darn things so I might as well use them for what they are worth smacking things with them. (Just ask my brother mwahahaha! I really got in a ton of trouble over doing that he was bleeding and everything T_T.)