If Project Zomboid was a silent movie....

.exe

...it wouldn't be anything like this, but that was my inspiration.

This was all filmed in multiplayer on the Zeek's Haven server.

Mall Cop is a story of one  man trying to start a new life with more demons than simply the walking dead that plague the land.

Very little of this was scripted. For example, all my interactions with players were not scripted. Only at the beginning and towards the end (took a long time to drag those zombies into the mall for the scene when he runs out), just to complete what was me cutting up hours and hours of footage. The original plan was for a series building a community in the mall. However, after playing many days straight it didn't really take with a lot of the people I met. Plus many parts of it would be me typing into my keyboard and concentrating on playing rather than talking (it would have been a standard LP). Then I was inspired by discovering music I have loved for years was in the public domain. Which is the next bit which has me a little worried I suppose.

All music from this are in the public domain according to the websites publicdomain4u.com and archive.org. The bit that has me worried is that, I hope that the copyrights are not in place for this, because I have several possible copyrights on YouTube for this video which I have disputed in order for the audio to play, under the grounds that they are in the public domain. I just hope they didn't drop the ball in some way is all, plus I'm not monetized.

But anyway, here is the music in the video that I all suggest you check out and I'll put in the links to them.
All this music is no later than the 1940's apart from one. In order of appearance

Been a fan of Billie for a long time. Certainly worked with some amazing Jazz composers and a great voice to go with that.

Never heard of Memphis and considering he made this in the 60's and it's in the public domain now, I'm guessing most people don't. Some pretty basic blues done well.

Been a fan of John Hurt for a long time. A really distinctive playing style. Was lost after he recorded a few tracks in the 20's. Then rediscovered in the 60's and he rocked the folk blues for a few years before he died.

Django is hands down the best Jazz guitarist in history. Throw in the fact that he was a Polish gypsy and that he was partially disabled in one hand and it's an interesting story.

What can be said about this man that hasn't already been said? Well, apparently he wrote a song about marijuana. I didn't expect that.

Man blues guys got away with a lot back then. "Tell me lovin' mamma how you want your rollin' done". Nothing by today's standards but considering it was the 30's, it's surprising. Also apparently this guy invented rock 'n' roll considering when this was made.

Also it is possible to read more of the story if you simply use that pause button skillfully.

To be honest I just thought Rich called it awesome because it takes place on Zeek's Haven, but this is really amazing actually. I hope you make more because I've wanted to watch good gameplay or scripts from this game and there aren't many good ones. Keep it up. This was amazing!

To be honest I just thought Rich called it awesome because it takes place on Zeek's Haven, but this is really amazing actually. I hope you make more because I've wanted to watch good gameplay or scripts from this game and there aren't many good ones. Keep it up. This was amazing!

Haha, I try my best to not be biased but I really enjoyed the film!

I've added extra info into the first post. I wanted to do that last night but I had a banging headache and just wanted to get the video up and finished before I slept.

If you need any assistance or want a place closed off, let me know via Zeeks Haven forums. Its been so busy on the server since Summer started I kinda don't have time to visit here as often as I use to. :(

Thanks dude. I might have some questions for you at some point about maybe setting something up for another video when I'm ready.

Suede Spotted @ 7:20 GG. =P

Good job by the way.  8-)

Thanks. Yeah, I hope he isn't offended by what was in the video. What maybe doesn't come across in the video is that I found the iDied journal randomly on the floor just after he passed me. So I immediately tried to find him, but could not.

great job, this was fun to watch and was well filmed.

looking forward to the next 2, assuming it is a trilogy

Thanks dude. Not sure yet what I'll do. There will be another one though I'm sure of that.

You may have noticed that my video has been hit by the mighty YouTube for copyright issues. Without getting too much into it, I think I'm stuck somewhere between being given miss information about some songs being in the public domain and some possibly questionable companies claiming ownership of songs they could not own.

However, Mall Cop 2 will be going ahead anyway. After spending some 3 days trawling through many many folk, blues, cajun, classical and gospel songs, I believe I have found songs which are quoted as being in the public domain and are avoiding YouTube's audio detection system. HUZZAH!

Also the title is Mall Cop: Lamb to the Slaughter

The response I got for this video were the best I've had and it's a shame that it's been cut short. It smashed my record views within two days. Thanks for that guys.

I have an idea of how to get this to people who would like to see it for the first time or again. I will try it out tomorrow. I'm just heavy into work over this weekend. The life of a chef means weekends are truly the worst.

• 1 month later...

I'd just like to share with you guys the fact that this video is now only blocked in Germay. This is a bit of a surprise to me. I'm pretty pleased with that.

Mall Cop will return.

Archived