Tile Overlay Opacity

CzarUltra

Right so, I've succeeded in changing the color of blood using an unpacker to gain access to the .png files so I can edit them with paint.net. The files themselves have a bit of transparency built in, but the game must also add transparency, specifically when overlaying blood tiles on the ground, because even though I increased the opacity to 100 % in the .png files, the result is still a little difficult to see. I'd like for the edited blood come out the way it looks in the files, and the way it looks on fences and walls as well.

• How do I get Project Zomboid to overlay Blood Floor Overlay Tiles as opaque and not transparent?

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know what I'm looking for exactly.

Me neither ^^ No idea in which file the blood is handled. You probably need to search through a few of them. My guess is that it will be in one of the entity classes.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I've located the files that place the blood tile overlays. IsoFloorBloodSplat.class and IsoWallBloodSplat.class

but what do I do now?

I noticed that not only does the coding cause the blood to go on with a bit of transparency, but despite the tile's .png, there's a tinge of red hue-- which is problematic if I'm trying to add new monochromatic blood.

That's the thing, it's not located in the Tiles.pack. Theoretically the blood should be completely white, with some transperancy (I edited the png to maintain it's original transparency). But, somewhere, perhaps within a class file or somewhere I'm unaware of, there's another file that has splotches of random color I guess meant to emulate guts/brains or whatever, or maybe give blood variance. And I don't know where to find it.