Mutilation

felipebasso

First... I read only the first 8 pages  (we need a search engine here in the forum) and I couldn't find this suggestion. If this was already discussed, please ignore.  

The developers say Yes to mutilation already, right? This mutilation could shop off some scratch or bite in a arm, for example, and interrupt the spreed of the z virus?

It may be realistic, but... if you chop your leg off because of scratch/bite, then your char is dead meat. With broken leg car can't run and moving like a snail. But without leg... crawling? No way. That is the same with arm. Without one arm you can't build anymore, and some other actions too. Weaker attacks with bat in one hand and so... that can be brutal disadvantage. Those mutilations can be fun in one condition. If your char can tie a chainsaw instead of his hand, like Ash Williams :D

First... I read only the first 8 pages  (we need a search engine here in the forum) and I couldn't find this suggestion. If this was already discussed, please ignore.  

The developers say Yes to mutilation already, right? This mutilation could shop off some scratch or bite in a arm, for example, and interrupt the spreed of the z virus?

There is a search on the forums. It's the magnifying glass in the top right corner of the site. It even says "search" . . .

Plus, google works:

site:www.theindiestone.com your search here

example.

The developers said maybe to amputation. And it's on the first page.

Edited by Suomiboi

First... I read only the first 8 pages (we need a search engine here in the forum) and I couldn't find this suggestion. If this was already discussed, please ignore.

There is a search on the forums. It's the magnifying glass in the top right corner of the site. It even says "search" . . .

Plus, google works:

site:www.theindiestone.com your search here
example.

The developers said maybe to amputation. And it's on the first page.

There is also a search function for the mobile version of the forums as well. In the upper right oft he page, there's a box with 4 smaller boxes inside it. Touch this, and then select the SEARCH magnifying glass from the popup menu. Ta-Da!

As for amputation with the hopes of avoiding infection, I've never found it to be a realistic concept. Assuming the infection is spread through your bloodstream, you have about one minute before your heart has pumped the blood throughout your body, and I'd say it's safe to assume that means the infection along with it. You would have to hatchet your arm or leg within a matter of seconds after getting bitten or scratched.

If you amputate your Arm/Leg.. You need first a clean tool, if you use an Axe that was used to chop Zed Heads its suicide to use this tool because on the tool is Zed Blood. Secound you need a strong Painkiller or you will pass out of pain. And you need something to stop the heavy bleeding, or a massive ton of bandages. If you are bitten you need to amputate in the next minutes/Secounds or the infection is spread to your whole body. And last, if your bitten in your chest your screwed ;)

There may be other ways for a character to become essentially crippled, too.

While self-amputation might be the most obvious cause of losing one's own arm/leg, there may also be other ways to lose appendages - not all of which are based around preventing infection.

Traps, explosives, firearms, etc.

True, I do very much like the mere concept of having the option of amputating my character's arm as a last resort, but I love the idea of having to be careful around hazardous concepts like... Say... A bear-trap, for fear that it may rip my foot off and cripple my movement speed, even more.

Hell, anything to be able to be a whiskey swilling, eye-patched, peg-legged captain with a hook on one arm.  :twisted:

The eye patch you'll have to mod in, though haha.

Though, this brings up a good point.  How are they planning on allowing mutilated players to move/regain partial use of their limbs?  Are we going to have to go Muryl-style and have a hook/blade hand thing? 

With the addition of the "doctor" trait (build 31), it would be cool, I have always wanted amputation in a zombie survival game.

This, if aproved, would be the first zombie game to use this..

Technically, The Walking Dead has it, so, they could possibly be the second. 

With the addition of the "doctor" trait (build 31), it would be cool, I have always wanted amputation in a zombie survival game.

This, if aproved, would be the first zombie game to use this..

Technically, The Walking Dead has it, so, they could possibly be the second. 

Yeah, I know, I love that game, one of my favorite games of all time.

But is it even considered a game? I mean, of course, it won a game-of-the-year award, but it's more like a movie if you ask me. (a really good one)

Yes, it is a game.  An extremely linear game that was based more on contextual choices than skill, but a game none the less. 

The key thing there to note is linear.  Now, PZ can maybe able to claim to be the first open world zombie game with self-mutilation (when you put it like that, it really doesn't sound like much), but in zombie games as a whole, no.