Char build, time/date and zeds suggestions

Gylaran

Soooo i'm curious about adding new skills. Or better said replace carpentry for more suitable skill like Builder, or Engineer, or... i don't know name that covers all the things player can made by himself... Maybe Handyman? There is a mod, where player can create almost any building that you can see in the city. But i don't really like mods that adding many things in this game, because of so many releases and mod compatibility, even one can be lost in many mods in some future build, where some mods would be added into vanilla. So why not add it into vanilla? I really, REALLY would like to see that player can made things out of metal(no more nails-hungry in survival mode), or making glass windows. And adding feature of making roofs(without making stairs build before, scaffold kit would be needed). And if making glass works are too much, so at last being able to disassemble windows from neibourhood houses and add it into your house/fortress. Oh yes, another idea just now popped out. Disassembling. Wooden walls, doors, floors... and destroying things with sledge into visible rubble, where something usefull can be, if lucky.

Another idea is... TIME. And DATE. IRL human can't know, what time and date is now, without watches. I saw digital watches once in great mall, so... Why don't take out time and date from the upper right corner? It will be more realistic. And give watches a purpose. Wearable loot. If char find watches, from that point he can have his upper right corner back.

Another thing... different looks of zeds. Bodies. Some skinny, some obese... even char. And more clothing types, like for example raincoats, jackets, necktie, uniforms/overalls...

I approve of the idea that we need to find/wear a watch, or something similar, to know the time. As is, while I certainly don't mind having the time accurately told to me right off the bat, I do like the added challenge and value in finding luxury items like that.

As for the date... I'm not really sure, seeing as the character him/herself would need to keep track of that. Newspapers would date all the way back to when the press stopped printing, and they'd be out-dated.

As for the date... I'm not really sure, seeing as the character him/herself would need to keep track of that. Newspapers would date all the way back to when the press stopped printing, and they'd be out-dated.

Um... every digital watches have build in date. Those watches i saw in the mall, was digital.

What if you had to put batteries in your watch every once in awhile? That way there is the suspense of being out looting and suddenly your watch goes blank. That would be so cool!

Yes, why not...