RAINBOW BLOOD

CzarUltra

Tired of that boring old, monochromatic blood?

Well this is the texture pack for you!

1SyqmSs.jpg
mB1eXl1.png
HU3RY4O.jpg

DOWNLOAD IT HERE!

created using Minic90's unpacker/packer tool here http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/3511-pz-unpacker/ annnnnd paint.net in only 3 hours

This small texture pack is the precursor to a mod I'm doing-- THE CLOWN MOD. So... yeah, look out for that, until then, check this out, laugh a little bit, then put it back to normal.

How do I find steamapps?

for windows users, it'll be in C:/programfiles(x86)/steam or C:/programfiles(x64)/steam -- whichever one of those you have. It won't be in C:/programfiles/, just look for the one with an x and a number.

For Mac users-- :wacko:

Did you use cdaragorns tool? In that case give him cred for it.

Had a look at the files. Nice textures. :) I'm not going to install it because I'm using my own texturepack as you may realize is the proper term for this kind of thing. The tutorial could be more helpful as in adding in how to get to the steamapps folder for those how don't know. A mac tutorial is also needed because it's a lot more complicated on a macintosh machine.

This is hilarious, and amazing. Running around extremely fast, using an infinite ammo pistol with no delay, and spawning in about 250 zombies was the funnest thing I've done so far in Project Zomboid.

As you would expect, it pretty much looks like a clowns septic tank exploded :P

I2ClZcS.png

Only problem is that the blood is too transparent, that was 250+ zombies I killed there.

I increased the opacity and saturation by a lot, but blood spills on the floor are still coming out too transparent :unsure: whereas the blood on fences and walls are just fine. I'm wondering if this is caused by something in the code.

Usually the blood gets darker/more-red if more blood lands in the same spot... BUUUUUT since I've re-textured it into a gradient, the colors tend to mix and get muddied up if it lands in the same spot, and that effect gets worse if it goes ontop of grass or other dark colored tiles. 

I'd like for to forgo the transparency thing altogether, but I'm pretty sure it's in the game's code.

Any ideas?

I increased the opacity and saturation by a lot, but blood spills on the floor are still coming out too transparent :unsure: whereas the blood on fences and walls are just fine. I'm wondering if this is caused by something in the code.

Usually the blood gets darker/more-red if more blood lands in the same spot... BUUUUUT since I've re-textured it into a gradient, the colors tend to mix and get muddied up if it lands in the same spot, and that effect gets worse if it goes ontop of grass or other dark colored tiles. 

I'd like for to forgo the transparency thing altogether, but I'm pretty sure it's in the game's code.

Any ideas?

Hmm, can't think of any. I'm not very experienced in textures, but I could snoop around the class files if you'd like.

Any ideas?

Hmm, can't think of any. I'm not very experienced in textures, but I could snoop around the class files if you'd like.

That'd be mighty awesome of you! :D

• 2 weeks later...

So it looks like since the most recent update, they've condensed the .pack files even more. There used to be 27, now there are 25-- this means that this texture pack more than likely NO LONGER WORKS until I redo it.

Here's what I'm planning on doing though once I get around to it

• Blood color customization on installing the texture pack. I will make several versions, so you can choose if you want rainbow, blue, green, black, grey, yellow, etc
  • A mac tutorial for installation
  • Upping the tile-overlay opacity for rainbow blood.
  • Maybe a wizard so you don't have to spend so much time dragging and dropping files, and so you can turn it back to normal.

The coding aspects of some of this are beyond me, but I have resources.

• 4 weeks later...

When you do overhaul it, a bit more blood variety would be nice:

(edit: was going to put picture here, forum wouldn't let me. anyways, it was 5000+ zombies lying slain, and all of the blood textures on the wall looking the same)