Slow down tree growth?

Crotchfire

I'm just thinking that the amount of time it takes for a suburban backyard to become fully reclaimed by wilderness in PZ is a little nuts.  Now, don't get me wrong, grass growing as quickly as it does is totally fine.  I just think it's more than a little odd that we go from a spot with no tree to a five-year-old tree in the span of a couple months.  Short saplings in that time can make sense... but full-on trees should take a little longer.

certain adjustments have been made to accommodate the game, such as trees growing much faster than they would in real life.

if they left it at a more realistic time frame, almost none of us would ever even notice the trees growing in the first place

I like it, as is.

With Erosion set as a standard to 100 days, trees growing as they do now is fine as it matches the environment.

However, if you dislike it, there's the ability to change it - and the erosion speed - to take more time.

For me, it doesn't make any sense. 

I know farming speed is like 3-4 times faster than real life, so I expected erosion worked at the same speed on average... but it doesn't. Assuming trees reach over 2 meters (7 ft) in their adult shape, you need a really fast tree to grow from seedling to adult in one year, or even in 2 years.

My current char has survived for 3 months, and tree growth, specially in some places like the ones without any grass or trees near them, have a lot of trees. So, if the growth speed keeps the same, Ithe places I will be able to reach without an axe will decrease significantly after a year, and after 2 I probably won't be able to go anywhere without an axe.

But like others said, if you make erosion over 2-3 years or more, than no one is ever gonna see it...

there is a middle ground between 2-3 months and 2-3 years.

And if you didn't survive 3 months, it's not like you are going to see some tree changes in real life anyway...

But like others said, if you make erosion over 2-3 years or more, than no one is ever gonna see it...

there is a middle ground between 2-3 months and 2-3 years.

And if you didn't survive 3 months, it's not like you are going to see some tree changes in real life anyway...

Yeah, and that middle ground is provided by sandbox options. :-|

Really, I don't find it that bad at default. The LongTerm server should be almost 4 years in-game now and it's just a minor obstruction to vision.