New dangers and exotic new ways to die

Ivanhoe

There're many sources of danger in the weedy and foresty areas which we don't see in this game. I'll try to make it short and type in short point forms. Alright, here are a few suggestions:

1. Wood nettle and poison ivy

These plants are pretty common in NA. Nettle and poison ivy causes severe physical irritation including burns, itches and rashes. 5% chance of triggering when walking into a tree in forest areas. 5% chance of triggering when foraging [threats nullified at lvl.5 foraging] Park rangers are immuned to these negative moodles on start.

Wood nettle charateristics:

- Rashes

- Pain [1 hours]

- Itch [1 hour]

- The above symptoms may last for more than a day if that person has sensitive skin

- First-aid [Wash with water, tweezers to remove sting, vinegar to wash the affected area]

Poison ivy characteristics:

- Poison Oil [8 hours moodle, needs to be washed with soap, water & dish towel]

- Rashes on skin

- Intense itch

- Incubation period: 1/2-6 days, if not cleaned.

- First-aid [Wash with water, use water and alcohol to wash or rashes will spread]

2. Rabies

Once hunting is implemented, there s/b stray dogs and other wild animals that would attack humans. 25% chance of contracting rabies if animal bites are not disinfected properly.

Characteristics:

- Requires soap and large amount of water to wash the wounds

- Incubation period: 2-12 weeks, if wounds are not being treated properly [s/b made shorter in-game]

- Reduced speed [Due to partial paralysis and muscle spasms]

- Nervous breakdown >>> Deliruim

- Insomnia

- Hydrophobia [Consuming water triggers intense pain and panic]

- 100% Fatal

3. Tetanus

I'm not so sure about this one cause most of us have had vaccines and sh*t so catching it won't be easy but I think it s/b added to the game just for the hell of it. Higher chance to trigger if stabbed by knives and cut climbing thru windows.

Characteristics:

- No cure

- 10%-20% chance of dying

- Massive muscle spasms [Can cause bone fracture, disable movements]

- Fever

- Jaw stiffness [Cannot eat, needs muscle relaxants]

4. Bear traps

I'm sure there are plenty of randomly placed illegal traps in the wilds by hunters. These things are hard to spot, especially the inexperienced. Requires trapping lvl 3 to spot and disarm.

Characteristics:

- Critical lacerations

- Massive bleeding

- Intense pain

- May cause bone fracture

- Disable movement

- Can be disarmed and reused

5. Wildfire

High-temperature and dry seasons can lead to wildfires, lightning strikes and other sources can start an uncontrollable inferno that burns down miles of dense forests. Random wildfires would make it challenging or even dangerous to live in the woods.

6. Venomous snakes

I've heard there're cottonmouths and copperheads in KY but again I'm not so sure about that cause I don't know sh*t about the population distribution of these snakes. Can they be found near Muldraugh? In Z-apoc times like these, you can't just drag your ass to ER and have serum injection, so getting bitten by poisonous snakes can be fatal.

7. Tornadoes & hailstorms

We all know that storms can cause flood, tornadoes and hailstorms. A hail with the size of a grenade is more than enough to kill a human. One must seek shelter when a hailstorm hits, it's also considered to be a major threat to crops and they can smash windows if they're not being barricaded.

As for tornadoes, I'm not sure if devs are going to like this as it might involve making tons of new textures for destroyed property and the visible range in game is quite limited so it's hard to spot a tornado coming. It's just a suggestion. 

I'll add more to this list.

Edited by Ivanhoe

I was wondering if you go nuts in the middle of forest you could get a spider bite  or a snake bite. The same problem could hapen if you catch some rabit or bird in your trap ans let then there for too much...

Cottonmouths are known to stand their ground when provoked so it can be quite dangerous running around in the forest like that.

I'm a huge fan of weather based dangers, as well as hostile wild-life such as wolves and bears. Roaming wolf-packs raiding the abandoned cities is what I imagine to be the solution to the otherwise boring Winters, actually.

There're black bears, snakes, coyotes, spiders and bobcats in KY, not sure about wolves tho.

I found a web article named "Wild wolf in KY, first in 150 years, killed by hunter." on the web. [Dated 2013/08/19]. It says KY has not seen wild roaming wolves since the mid 1800's.

There're black bears, snakes, coyotes, spiders and bobcats in KY, not sure about wolves tho.

I found a web article named "Wild wolf in KY, first in 150 years, killed by hunter." on the web. [Dated 2013/08/19]. It says KY has not seen wild roaming wolves since the mid 1800's.

Fair enough, I think coyotes could work but I'm not sure if they're even active during Winter.