A poll on who wants an end game?

Freeasabird420

An End Game a "You win" state  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have and end game like Military extraction or a cure?

Now don't hate me or anything I'm just setting up a poll for curiosity's sake and that I wanted to show the results to a guy that indeed does want an end "You win" State. He doesn't believe that 98% of the PZ community and devs does NOT want this feature at all.

I don't think there's a reason to flame or aggressively argue against such an opinion, but one of the main appeals to Project Zomboid - at least, to me - is the fact that it lacks an ending. It's a continuous, largely futile survival simulator who's only end is your inevitable and timely death. One could argue that building a fort and maintaining a large farm is the end-game already, though.

I am all for having an end-game.

It does not have to be fancy like researching a cure or military extraction.

A simple end score screen would do - let's say after about 4 survived winters.

That way I could have an impulse to play again and beat my own score.

Alternatively developers could implement some system that would check if the player is self sufficient or not:

barricaded house - check

replenishable water supply - check

steady food source - check

reasonable amount of medical supplies - check

if all of the above are met then we would be presented an option to end the game (like in Civilization, where you could continue playing after year 2050)

I'd say yes, but nothing as movie-esque as a cure or a timely extraction by helicopter. Something far more realistic, like... five years into the game... you've survived, built a little farm and started getting better at carpentry and foraging... and after five harsh winters the zombies' body has largely decomposed and most of them aren't even able to shamble around. That sounds like a ~Fin, beyond which the last humans would slowly rebuild civilization. I know the game is about how "You died", but the game isn't telling us you have to die after being bitten, drinking bleach and turning like all the others around you. Maybe the story of how you died ends when the character dies at 98, in his own bed, surrounded by his great-grandchildren after telling countless stories on how he survived the great zombie plague. That's one way to see it, am I right?

I am all for having an end-game.

It does not have to be fancy like researching a cure or military extraction.

A simple end score screen would do - let's say after about 4 survived winters.

That way I could have an impulse to play again and beat my own score.

Alternatively developers could implement some system that would check if the player is self sufficient or not:

barricaded house - check

replenishable water supply - check

steady food source - check

reasonable amount of medical supplies - check

if all of the above are met then we would be presented an option to end the game (like in Civilization, where you could continue playing after year 2050)

I still think giving people a quantifiable 'end' kinda cheapens the experience of a neverending grind for survival's sake. I'm not saying you're opinion is wrong, by any means, but the way PZ narrates your story is that it - literally - ends with you.

You are the last man, or woman, standing. Humanity's hopes are gone and the only thing keeping extinction at bay is your stubborness.

Granted, this isn't exactly the case in MP, nor will it be as I said when NPCs are added... But y'know what I mean.

I'd say yes, but nothing as movie-esque as a cure or a timely extraction by helicopter. Something far more realistic, like... five years into the game... you've survived, built a little farm and started getting better at carpentry and foraging... and after five harsh winters the zombies' body has largely decomposed and most of them aren't even able to shamble around. That sounds like a ~Fin, beyond which the last humans would slowly rebuild civilization. I know the game is about how "You died", but the game isn't telling us you have to die after being bitten, drinking bleach and turning like all the others around you. Maybe the story of how you died ends when the character dies at 98, in his own bed, surrounded by his great-grandchildren after telling countless stories on how he survived the great zombie plague. That's one way to see it, am I right?

Yeah the zombies would indeed decompose but with each passing day the zombie hoard is getting larger and larger with fresh new zombies. whose to say the quarantine failed and now all of the Americas is infected by....month 3. Massive hoards of zombies moving from state to state all over the place. it would take a HELL of a lot longer then 5 winters to outlast the zombies.  

o_o.... hm, you know what?, now that i'm thinking of it, How the fuck would zombies infect ALL of america? i mean realistically 90% of Americans own guns so if there really was a zombie outbreak every joe and sally and there dogs would be unloading on them. the outbreak would last maybe a few days to a week at least LOL XD the internet would still work in the beginnings (around a week) wouldn't it?

just as Enigma said, your death IS the end game. this ain't no immortality simulator, your going to die, and the death will most likely be brutal and gory...or gruesome and painful if you drink bleach or jump off a building.

anything besides you dying as the end game would be against everything they've been saying for the past 4 1/2 years of development.

just as Enigma said, your death IS the end game. this ain't no immortality simulator, your going to die, and the death will most likely be brutal and gory...or gruesome and painful if you drink bleach or jump off a building.

anything besides you dying as the end game would be against everything they've been saying for the past 4 1/2 years of development.

I think they were implying something the lines of achieving an ultimate goal which the game then acknowledges as your end-game. Again, I disagree with that, because the entire point of games like this is to see just how long you could last.

I loved the way my friend initially introduced me to rogue-likes when I asked 'how do you win';

"You don't. You can't. You can only do better each time you play."

Hmm interesting yet very complex question.

I say no for those enjoy hoarding their safe house with food and junks.

I say yes to hoarders that doesn''t want to get bury alive by their food and junks.

If you voted yes, the game will throw you a few missions to seal the deal.  Missions such as finding a cure or a mission for extraction. Its your choice to do it or left it alone and continue to do your thing.

i mean realistically 90% of Americans own guns so if there really was a zombie outbreak every joe and sally and there dogs would be unloading on them.

I don't think the fact that there more guns than people in America, combined with the fact that many, if not most, people don't have anything in the way of formal training with those guns, will necessarily turn out to be beneficial in case of a zombie-induced societal collapse.

That said it's hard to see how slow zombies would bring on the apocalypse anywhere, unless they start out/are discovered near or past the point they reach critical mass in the population. Once they get past a certain point, and I don't expect that to be very high, 5% of the population or so, there's no going back and most people will turn.

Maybe we will be able to play missions such as finding a cure or extraction by the military when Kate and Baldspot are added back. I don't see why not. Maybe we will even be able to create our own missions that others can download.

Maybe we will be able to play missions such as finding a cure or extraction by the military when Kate and Baldspot are added back. I don't see why not. Maybe we will even be able to create our own missions that others can download.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting-unofficial/

there will be no cure, and no military aid

I would like a suppressant of some kind with an extremely low chance of curing you. For example Antizin in Dying light doesn't cure you but delays the inevitable, If this was added with some way of knowing When your infected and how long you have before the suppressant is no longer useable (for example if you was a hour away from turning the suppressant wouldn't work in time to save your life) I would be EXTREMELY happy PLUS, it doesn't brake the golden rule: your going to die, PZ Jesus wont help you, your skill wont help you, NOTHING WILL HELP YOU. What I don't want is a away to end the game or survive the infection without extreme luck.

EDIT: THIS IS NOT A CURE ITS A SUPPRESSANT THERE IS ALREADY A SMALL CHANCE OF SURVIVING THE INFECTION IF THERE WAS A SUPPRESSANT IT WOULD RESTART THE INFECTION AND THE SMALL CHANCE TO SURVIVE

I would like a suppressant of some kind with an extremely low chance of curing you. For example Antizin in Dying light doesn't cure you but delays the inevitable, If this was added with some way of knowing When your infected and how long you have before the suppressant is no longer useable (for example if you was a hour away from turning the suppressant wouldn't work in time to save your life) I would be EXTREMELY happy PLUS, it doesn't brake the golden rule: your going to die, PZ Jesus wont help you, your skill wont help you, NOTHING WILL HELP YOU. What I don't want is a away to end the game or survive the infection without extreme luck.

EDIT: THIS IS NOT A CURE ITS A SUPPRESSANT THERE IS ALREADY A SMALL CHANCE OF SURVIVING THE INFECTION IF THERE WAS A SUPPRESSANT IT WOULD RESTART THE INFECTION AND THE SMALL CHANCE TO SURVIVE

Zombrex from Dead Rising?