Sleeping on matresses, pick up matresses from beds

raymond

Something like that... I know there are tents, maybe making matresses unsleepbale outside would be alright. I often sleep on matresses down on the floor when there aren't enough beds while visiting someone. Also, tent resourses are pretty rare and it's weird to put a tent indoors.

I was thinking that all you need is a sheet. You could wrap yourself up and sleep on the floor anywhere. There would have to be negative effects like restless sleep or freezing to death if its too cold.

The problem is that this is kind of gameplay vs realism. When going on a trip, I usually don't carry a tent and only take a sleeping bag and a sleeping pad with me. Or if I expect bad weather, I also take a very thin plastic tarp (similiar material to garbage bags) and a rope which I use to improvise a shelter.

In fact, you don't even need those things I mentioned, these are all just for added comfort-and that's the problem. The game doesn't punish you enough for treating your character badly, so being able to sleep without a bed with only some very minor consequences would make beds pretty much useless.

I was thinking that all you need is a sheet. You could wrap yourself up and sleep on the floor anywhere. There would have to be negative effects like restless sleep or freezing to death if its too cold.

The problem is that this is kind of gameplay vs realism. When going on a trip, I usually don't carry a tent and only take a sleeping bag and a sleeping pad with me. Or if I expect bad weather, I also take a very thin plastic tarp (similiar material to garbage bags) and a rope which I use to improvise a shelter.

In fact, you don't even need those things I mentioned, these are all just for added comfort-and that's the problem. The game doesn't punish you enough for treating your character badly, so being able to sleep without a bed with only some very minor consequences would make beds pretty much useless.

I fully agree. There doesn't seem to be much difference, if any at all, between sleeping in a bed and sleeping on a bench.

I made my base somewhere there is no bed. I have the option of either sleeping on a locker room bench, or heading through a few more doors and crashing on one of the couches in the lounge. Realistically I would walk the extra twenty feet and crash on a couch. I wish I could say that I make the journey, for the sake of realism, to the couches each night....but I don't. I sleep on the hard wooden bench in the locker room, because it's closer to the exits in case zeke breaks through (a legitimate concern with the mods I use), and as far as I can tell, there's no reason not to.

The ability to move mattresses seems like a good idea to me, especially with the ability to barracade entryways with furnitures being a possible addition to the game - using a mattress as either blockade material, or moving it to a room which you've barred off.

I like the idea that you'd need a roof over your head to sleep on a mattress. Specifically because mattresses and sleeping bags / tents are radically different. Sleeping bags and camping material are made for outside conditions and colder weather, they allow for protection > comfort - though many times they incorporate both.

Mattresses on the other hand... Bed bugs, mold, parasites, stench, unhygienic conditions... These can all EASILY occur if a mattress is not properly maintained, let alone placed outside.