Flashlights On Guns

IronCoffins

I think it would be awesome if we could craft a flashlight on are shotguns, rifles, hell even pistols. There's been many times in the dark that combat is needed, and we can't even see where were going half the time. Maybe its just me but i feel this feature would be very helpful indeed. All you would need is some duct tape, or maybe even some less durable but usable thread or twine, though that might come loose after awhile.

Not a bad idea, actually.  Given that duct tape is already in the game, it should be fairly easy to secure a flashlight to the end of a shotgun or rifle.  Perhaps, since the flashlights weigh a pound or so, there could be some sort of drop in accuracy while doing so.

Yep some duct tape is all you would need. And I don't think accuracy really shouldent be effected all that much. We'll for shotguns at least since you just point with them, really no aiming needed. :) if a rifle or the like it would have to be under, there be no way to use the scope or least have it be effective.

It could shotguns come in all sorts of sizes. However if you had a saw off though I can't see you useing the flashlight. You could regardless put the flashlight on the top of the barrel but there might be restriction from the tape to the pump. That all depends on shotgun and style but for sake of gameplay I wouldn't worry about that stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I duck tape a flashlight onto frying pans, baseball bats, axes, spoons, my arm, and other players as they rest?

Though zombies being attracted to light and seeing better in the light makes me wonder why anyone uses light... does light have some benefit that I am unaware of other than attracting zombies but not having the decency of killing them like a bug zapper?

Can I duck tape a flashlight onto frying pans, baseball bats, axes, spoons, my arm, and other players as they rest?

Though zombies being attracted to light and seeing better in the light makes me wonder why anyone uses light... does light have some benefit that I am unaware of other than attracting zombies but not having the decency of killing them like a bug zapper?

what im guessing is some people LOVE to scavenge at night time.

I don't have any real life experience with pump action shotguns. Would the tape get in the way of the pump?

The fact that you can saw off the end of the barrel to make a sawn off confirms that it would not get in the way.

There is unused barrel that the pump is not in the way of.

what im guessing is some people LOVE to scavenge at night time.

As a player of doom 3 I can understand the want of a flashlight strapped to your gun. That game was dark... literally dark. I'm not saying its about hell and demons the game was just literally dark, as in hard to see, most of the game you had to turn the gamma up just to see the stuff there.

Sort of almost a 'oh lookie here, there is a game here I think'.

So I don't object to the idea. Just in the flashlight mods that were made for Doom 3 I think its sort of silly that all guns get it... including say your fists. I sort of like silly too... so I decided to comment. But I really don't quite get why someone would want to use such a bulky flash light either. In case they need to signal the orbiting satellites?

And if I had the option of putting a flashlight on an axe I think I would... just saying...

Lights on guns has been one of those things discussed at length, and it *might* get added, but if it is, attaching a light to your gun will likely ruin your accuracy, as it would IRL. The weight of the light/batteries itself is likely to change any rifle's careful weighting.

Lights on guns has been one of those things discussed at length, and it *might* get added, but if it is, attaching a light to your gun will likely ruin your accuracy, as it would IRL. The weight of the light/batteries itself is likely to change any rifle's careful weighting.

What about the ones that are made for guns. Those small ones that attach on. Those should have little to no effect on accuracy but still provide light right?

What about the ones that are made for guns. Those small ones that attach on. Those should have little to no effect on accuracy but still provide light right?

Usually, they're designed for simpler firearm's like pistols, shotguns, or carabines. I've never seen a rifle with a flashlight module because, frankly, it'd be a useless addition seeing as rifles are meant for long range usage and flashlights are relatively short-ranged solutions to low light environments.

Like I said earlier; my opinion on this would be to leave flashlight mods to the lower tier guns, so as to keep things balanced. If you really want to ducktape a mag-light to a rifle or shotgun, I guess it can be done, but as it was stated, it wouldn't be efficient in the slightest.

Many combat or "sporting" rifles have accessory rails.  A flashlight is very much standard equipment for those types of rifles.

I'd attach a picture, but it's not letting me.  Just Google search "rifle flashlight" and go to images and plenty of pics will come up.

Problem is we don't have combat or military grade rifles. We have run of the mill varmint rifles and .308 which is a common hunting rifle. There are other genres with a railed body but that isn't whats in the game.

Edit: -and let's be honest, the varmint rifle is akin to an adult's version of a BB gun.

Well, I could certainly see a case of the guns in the police station having flashlight attachments.  Both pistol and shotguns have flashlight mods IRL.  They would be used for tactical police ops and forced-entry situations.