Pallets?

Xeonyx

Thought came to mind a while ago, why not add pallets to the game?  

They'd be great for those starting out and needing to barricade a safe house.  Either one could disassemble a pallet for the planks and nails it has,

or one could set them up like the buildable fence,

you could even attach a few to a wall and you have a ladder, I mean there is tons of potential for pallets, what do you all think?  

A good idea imo! Would be a pain to drag them, and shoddy wood as said. But I think it'd be a great way of getting wood without having to chop trees or breaking down doors.

Although it does remind me of work. :S

Using pallet wood seems more realistic than using hand sawed planks. I would use every last bit of wood I could find before I started chopping down trees! Tables, chairs, cupboards, shelves, skirting boards, floor boards, doors, door frames, fences, patio's and just about anything else made of wood.

Depending on the quality they can be sturdy and make a half high wall like the fences you can jump over.

The so called Euro pallets are very sturdy and if you combine them with eachother and put a plank behind to combine them it can make a very sturdy wall.

Put some logchips below and you have a table or work bench. Bunch of use for them.

The negativ is that they are heavy and bulky and a pain to take apart since the nails used for them are made to stay in and not fall apart.

Normal not standerised pallets vary in their build up and size and usability since they can be just cheap thin wood or also sturdy once.

But overall a good way to build something

00c5a4c23496f21d9c82e1256853c43e.jpg

I work with pallets at my job! The heavy ones weigh about 70+lbs and are not easily broken; we literally throw them around at work. I would imagine it would take an immense amount of work to extract the nails intact (because they're so in there), but the planks would be nice.

There are however, very light pallets (15-20lbs) that are easily broken, those wouldn't do much in barricading.

Transportation would be the biggest problem. They're heavy and awkward.

I use a claw hammer to take apart pallets. Once you get the hang of it, it's not too hard to take apart the sturdy ones. There is a certain order you need to leaver up the nails and times when you just need to hit it! But it's alot less effort than chopping down trees and using a saw to make planks.

I work with pallets at my job! The heavy ones weigh about 70+lbs and are not easily broken; we literally throw them around at work. I would imagine it would take an immense amount of work to extract the nails intact (because they're so in there), but the planks would be nice.

There are however, very light pallets (15-20lbs) that are easily broken, those wouldn't do much in barricading.

Transportation would be the biggest problem. They're heavy and awkward.

Yeah, pallets can be non fragile too :) As you say, it's the size. I wouldn't reckon that somebody could easily destroy a standard EUR pallet. (I know the game is located in USA but whatever) I support this idea. 

Transportation could be the exact same as zombie moving, so you would just have to kinda disassemble them at the original location, if you wouldn't want to use half an hour moving those things. (Or get a forklift!)

Using pallet wood seems more realistic than using hand sawed planks. I would use every last bit of wood I could find before I started chopping down trees! Tables, chairs, cupboards, shelves, skirting boards, floor boards, doors, door frames, fences, patio's and just about anything else made of wood.

I agree!,thinking about the situation in real life, we would use every last piece of wood we could find, it might not be as strong as regular planks but if its the seconds that help you survive till you escape then why not.