Let everyone wear a skirt if they want to?

kinematografen

Hello guys,

I am quite new here and I do not want to be rude or anything, but I think it would be good if even male characters could wear skirts in the game as well. As it is now it feels a bit too gender normative and old fashioned.
Many men today wear skirts, and it's just fun to be able to play the game as the character you wish to play as. 

Also, imagine the scenario (as a guy) where you have been bitten by a bunch of zombies, survived and tore your pants in to bandages. You later find a skirt in a house, but are not able to put it on? Wierd right? A skirt is better than nothing for the cold, and after all it is the zombie appocalypse.

Thanks for a great game though, I love it, I really do and am becoming quite addicted to it (in a good way) - this was just really a quick thought!

[and sorry for any language flaws, english isn't my first language and it is really late! :P ]

It's an odd suggestion but I can see the realism in it. Your not gonna be worried about what's socially acceptable. I support this.

I always did wonder why the blouse looked like a sweater and not a short sleeve shirt also. Though with so much in development I would have imagined it would have been replaced with a similar sprite to a T-Shirt.

It's an odd suggestion but I can see the realism in it. Your not gonna be worried about what's socially acceptable. I support this.

I always did wonder why the blouse looked like a sweater and not a short sleeve shirt also. Though with so much in development I would have imagined it would have been replaced with a similar sprite to a T-Shirt.

That is pretty much what a blouse is isn't it? A t-shirt designed for women specifically.

But I'll be damned if I wouldn't wear one in the cold in an apocalypse.

+1 for the request.

If I recall, it was in for a while. It just lacked any animation so . . . :lol:

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I'll venture to say that's still the way it is now : it's possible to wear the skirt, then it loads (progress bar) then the trousers change color.

A way to rationalize it 'til it's got its own animation could be to imagine that the player, your standard macho man, has undergone serious psychological trauma during the apocalypse, and cannot perceive the fact he's wearing a skirt...

I just get this image of a 40 inch guy trying to squeeze into a size 12 skirt . . . "whatever you want" does have some practical limitations in reality.

Well, there are skirts that can fit a 40 inch guy as well, so I do not really see the problem. Stretch? ;) No, but seriously if size is gonna be the limiting factor all the clothes in the game must have a size. It is not easy for someone with size 12 in shoes to squeeze into a pair of 8s either. And I think that would just be to complicate the gameplay a bit too much.

Just want to chime in to confirm that we've always wanted to do this and it should be in eventually :)

Thanks, that sounds good! :)