zSpawn - The item spawn menu [continued]

Cdr.Keen

!MOD outdated! Download at your own risk!

First of all, i did not own this mod - the original author is Spyder638. Since the forum change he discontinued the work and he did not sign into the new forum so far. As soon as he's back i'm sure he will work on.

zSpawn - The item spawn menu [continued]

1zqfpya.png

( hope it's ok that i took the banner for the grafik )

Original description:

Spyder638 wrote:

Hello. As many of you already know I've been turning what was before just a weapon spawning mod into a full item spawning mod. It's currently in a state to release, which is why it's in the completed mods section, however it is very much still a work in progress. The mod makes use of the brand new UI system available in 2.9, and because of this, it does not feel out of place, and it'll be out of your way when you don't need it.

Screenshots:

2MZeM.png

2MZgq.png

Known Issues:

- "Sticky tabs". When clicking on a tab it'll act as if being dragged. Just click again to drop the tab to switch to it.
- Enough space for another row of items in each tab.
- Some button labels are too big.

To-Do & Hopefully future features

- Find out what causes the "sticky tabs" issue and fix it.
- Make it so button names don't need to be a specific name so I can fix the button labels. Easy to do, expect soon.
- Adjust the layout of the buttons and how many are on a tab to minimize wasted space.
- Have another stab at getting scroll bars in there so tabs can be neater.
- Optional version of the mod where it'll only be enabled in Sandbox to prevent any cheating temptation in survival.
- Ability to spawn items straight into the selected backpack in the inventory panel, so you don't need to pack stuff as often.
- [?]Ability to spawn zombies.
- [?]Ability to spawn NPC's when the feature arrives.

How to use and Installation
Install, jump in a game, the window will pop up. Push the buttons to spawn items. If you close the window you can press numpad enter to make the window re-appear.

Install:
- Download at the link below.
- Open the .rar file in an application like Winrar.
- Drop the zSpawn folder in the Project Zomboid/media/lua directory.
- Have fun! icon_e_smile.gif

Download
v0.1
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ga8q8dsduwum8pb

http://theindiestone.com/community/viewtopic.php%3Ff=28&t=13256.html

- How to use -

Start or load a game and the window will pop up. Push the buttons to spawn items in your inventory.

If you close the window you can press numpad enter to make the window re-appear.

- Changes -

- added mod loader support

- replaced "BaseballBatNails" with "Saw"

- new arrangement for the weapons

- Downloadlink -

icons_mediafire.gif  Mediafire:

http://www.mediafire.com/ZSpawnV0.1.rar

- Install -

salva.gif  Direkt Download:

- Extract the zSpawn folder in the Project Zomboid/mods directory.

- Activate the mod at the mod loader (ingame)

desura.png  Desura:

- Extract the zSpawn folder in the Desura/Common/ProjectZomboid/mods directory.

steam.png  Steam:

- Extract the zSpawn folder in the Steam/SteamApps/common/Project Zomboid/mods directory.

- Enjoy! -

Oh, shame on me -_-

i asked for it few days ago in the mod request forum and somebody said like "don't know, make your own up". anyway it's a good sample for a mod and i do not plan to go crazy with it - just keep it on as long Spyder638 does not come back. as you like, you can refer to the other same mod :)

Oh, shame on me -_-

i asked for it few days ago in the mod request forum and somebody said like "don't know, make your own up". anyway it's a good sample for a mod and i do not plan to go crazy with it - just keep it on as long Spyder638 does not come back. as you like, you can refer to the other same mod :)

Two modders enter . . .one modder . . .

Oh, that's entirely reasonable of you. :cry:

i see you like that idea of a battle of the mods.

until now i did not think about it so far, because it's not my mod. i can't compare my "mod creating enjoyment" with dylan1313, but maybe i can try some stuff. i'll take a look at the modding help to get some ideas :)

i see you like that idea of a battle of the mods.

until now i did not think about it so far, because it's not my mod. i can't compare my "mod creating enjoyment" with dylan1313, but maybe i can try some stuff. i'll take a look at the modding help to get some ideas :)

i also PM you about this but i'll also put it here for others to see and judge for them selves if it seems reasonable. as you know i already am updating ZSpawn under the WIP Mods(where is should be because it really is a WIP), but i am not mad that you posted the other topic, if anything i am glad you too take an interest in updating ZSpawn, and it  would be great if we could work together on this, but i would prefer if you took down your post and we would use mine, considering i have already done a pile of work on it, and that i did take the responsibility of ZSpawn until Spyder638 wishes to take his mod back (if he does). so again i would love to collaborate with you to develop ZSpawn, and i would obviously share credit with you, but i would prefer there only be one ZSpawn topic on the Forums.

I also updated zSpawn for my mod... you can extract the ZSpawnWindow.lua file from it, I fixed the multiple-windows appearing bug, by implementing a simple check if there's already a window open or not. I will probably customize it more in the future.

we talked about this in the chat today - good work! maybe you can share this with dylan if he has not done this yet.

Well good news, ZSpawn is getting some major work done by a good friend of mine ExcentriCreation so good things will come in the future. Plus ExcentriCreation already fixed the window to work like any other window in the game meaning no more lag from re-opening it over and over and whenever you close the window it will reappear where you left it by opening it again. That and no more multi-windows as dida said but he didn't realize the windows were still there just invisible in the background.  :-)

But why ... why are you telling us all this in the thread of Cdr.Keen?

I don't know... Does it really matter? I mean to be honest the mod for zSpawn is getting some attention now that's just gotten to the point where mod rules could change so I have no clue what to respond with. Its kinda odd that we have two threads of the mod so I wanted to make it clear that it wont be the same mod soon so therefore you'll only have one zSpawn post. I hope that makes sense. :???:  :shock:

Sorry if it sounded like a insult, now that I relooked the post I made and it sounded pretty mean-ish. I truly meant nothing harmful just the fact he can have zSpawn since we've got something new in the works.

sorry... :sad:

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...