COMPLETED: Spawn 'Anywhere' On the Map

CaptKaspar

-snip-

Which spawn region are you choosing and has this been a problem for indoor spawns as well as outdoor (vast majority of spawn points are indoors)?

Thanks for the feedback!

No problem.

I have only tried your mod with a couple of new games and it happened in Muldraugh indoor spawn. Once in car workshop (http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.4285263445690032,0.20315456407154706,237.37631379976963) and once somewhere else. I don't remember now where that was.

-snip-

Which spawn region are you choosing and has this been a problem for indoor spawns as well as outdoor (vast majority of spawn points are indoors)?

Thanks for the feedback!

No problem.

I have only tried your mod with a couple of new games and it happened in Muldraugh indoor spawn. Once in car workshop (http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.4285263445690032,0.20315456407154706,237.37631379976963) and once somewhere else. I don't remember now where that was.

I started a conversation with EasyPickens about the zombies spawning where you were spawning. The fix they applied in 32.5 should be for the entire map and this should not be happening to you. So, we think it is likely a bug. I sent her your coordinates of the mechanics shop and they are looking into it.

Basically if there is no open path outside, there should be no zombies spawning there when you spawn. Its possible that there is a bug in a wall or something there that is causing the problem.

If you spawn in one of the outdoor locations, then sorry that sucks, not all the spawn locations are meant to be easy :)

If this is happening to anyone else, please let us know!

EDIT: After looking at the map I saw that the garage door and office door to that building are open. Probably explains what happened since the garage is not closed off to the outside.

Sorry you died...maybe I should alter that location by a few cells :)

EDIT EDIT: Spawnpoint updated, shouldn't happen again at the car repair shop.

• 2 weeks later...

I waited for the 32 update to give this a good spin, because I had the 32 build figured out to the point I survived for months, = not much spawning going on. I'll keep you informed if I encounter bugs etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello re to address a huge issue this mod seems to sadly make modded maps not work its just forest whenever I try spawning on one but after removing the mod(aka using a backup media) its back to normal any way to fix this?

What do you mean modded maps?

Spawn locations are based on set coordinates. If those coordinates are changed to forest on a modded map...

Also roughly 5% of spawns will place you randomly in the forest. It's possible (but highly unlikely) that you just got 'unlucky' with your locations.

Sorry fluffe9911, I haven't programmed any spawnpoints for any maps other than the vanilla maps.

I should put a note that it's not compatible with New Denver and Bedford Falls.

Perhaps if I have a day or so with nothing more pressing to do, I will get around to it.

If you want any help doing it yourself I'd be happy to explain what I did.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Bit of a thread necro here but I wish someone would update this because the map has had tons of new areas added since this mode was created. I want to be able to spawn in a completely random location all over the map and not pick a town myself.

• 5 years later...