Modding context question

LazyWafflez

Hi,

I have been attempting to modify my game in an attempt to make it so when i pick a certain class I.E: Policeman. i would spawn with a pistol and some ammo, i can make it so that i spawn in with this if i am any class but i would like it so that if i pick a class i spawn with certain items relating to that class

i would love to have some assistance from the community if i am worth your time

Thank you

This should be all you need:

----- Adds items to the player's inventory, whenever-- he starts a new game.---- @param _player-- @param _sq--local function giveItems(_player, _sq)	local p = _player;	if p:HasTrait("butterfingers") then -- Check for the profession instead of for a trait		p:getInventory():AddItems("Base.Popcorn", 2);		p:getInventory():AddItems("Base.Pop", 1);	endendEvents.OnNewGame.Add(giveItems);
That's how I did it in my old player taunts mod, but I'm pretty sure this still works.

ive been trying your code and various iteration of it but i cannot figure out what i am doing wrong

if p:HasProfession = "FireOfficer" then -- Check for the profession instead of for a trait
getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem("Base.Axe");

That is the code im trying to get working as just a test

Ive found a different problem for myself now i can get it working on certain professions but i cannot get it to work on others. There is only 4 that im trying to figure out 

Chef

Unemployed

Burglar

Repairman 

elseif profession == "chef" then
player:getinventory():Additem("Base.Pot");

This is a bit of code im using and i cant find the problem for it 
if you get the chance could i have some assistance with the correct naming for those 4 professions
thank you