Special perk for every occupation

Geras

I had this idea today about every occupation having it's special trait like "Axe Man" for Lumberjack (...I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay...).

Of course some of them will be better than others (compare "Desensitized" to "Night Owl" for example).

My ideas would be:

Fire Officer - "Fire Training" - Puts out fires quickly and never gets burnt - fire extinguishing would be broken for a while because we can't even do that yet (can we?) but in the future builds... who knows.

Police Officer - "Trigger Discipline" - Uses pistols more efficiently than others would give a bonus to accuracy with pistol, slower pistol deterioration, faster clip reloading.

Park Ranger - "Man of the Woods" - Faster and quieter foraging, gets happier after a night in a tent under the starswould give some happiness and entertainment  when sleeping outside in a tent and would also not attract zombies from the entire screen when foraging, 1/2 time needed to forage

Construction Worker - "Beast of Burden" - Can carry more than others - carrying all those concrete bags during his/hers would finally pay off. +3 (+4?) main inventory carrying capacity.

Carpenter - "Steady Arm" - Uses less nails in construction i.e. someting needs 6 nails to build for a non-Carpenter but for a Carpenter it drops to 4. If something needs 4 nails it would need 3 etc. etc. etc.

Burglar - "Like a Shadow" - Does not trigger burglar alarms, pries windows with ease - less chance to perma-lock a window when prying, would not trigger alarms. Alarms and locks are for honest people, or so they say.

Chef - "Blade Confident" - Performs jaw-stabs twice as fast, kitchen knives last much longer - would require half the animation time to jaw-stab, kitchen knife probability to drop condition would be 1 in 15 (hunting knife is 1 in 20) instead of 1 in 2.

Repairman - "This Will Hold" - Puts more life in repaired items - +30% flat bonus to possible repair i.e. glue (2 uses) has 10% possible repair for a Baseball Bat. That perk would make it 40%.

Farmer - 

Fisherman - 

Doctor - 

Fitness Instructor - "Running Enthusiast" - Does not get tired quickly when running, rests easily - could run for twice (or 2/3) the distance compared to a normal person with the same level of sprinting before getting the "Moderate exertion" moodle, would rest in half the time from exertion moodles.

Burger Flipper - 

I have not figured out the remaining occupations yet. I was thinking of a "Frying pan Maestro" - Faster frying pan swing - for the Burger Flipper, but he gets a bonus to blade accuracy so it would make no sense.

I had this idea today about every occupation having it's special trait like "Axe Man" for Lumberjack (...I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay...).

Of course some of them will be better than others (compare "Desensitized" to "Night Owl" for example).

My ideas would be:

Fire Officer - "Fire Training" - Puts out fires quickly and never gets burnt

Never gets burnt? Is it a bit too overpowered?

I really like this idea. It also matchs dev's idea about more differences beetwen professions.

It will be really good. If you pick carpenter for example you have bonus that non-carpenter can't have ever.

My ideas would be:

How about we change that to "takes less damage from fire" instead. Human bodies are not immune to flame... ever, (unless you use one of those coatings and stuff people use on TV shows to emulate being on fire, but where would anyone find that in the apocalypse?)

My ideas would be:

How about we change that to "takes less damage from fire" instead. Human bodies are not immune to flame... ever, (unless you use one of those coatings and stuff people use on TV shows to emulate being on fire, but where would anyone find that in the apocalypse?)

I think giving them the ability to break doors and put out fire much faster [with lower axe/fire extinguisher durability loss] would be a better choice.

Fire Officer - "Fire Training" - Puts out fires quickly and never gets burnt - fire extinguishing would be broken for a while because we can't even do that yet (can we?) but in the future builds... who knows.

Yeah, about that - what I had in mind that a Fire Officer would not get the "burned" type of wounds when dealing with fire. His health bar would still drop, though. I did not mean fire immunity :)

I like the concept a lot and the idea is very well balanced but the firefighter should have a less likely chance to get burnt instead of being immune.  Besides that this would be a great idea. and for the others:

Fisherman - Angler trait, gives a 10% faster fishing speed and a 30% more likely catch rate. "Its all about the angles"

- Bait Finder, During foraging you have a chance to find bait 30% more. "#Its all about the Bait"

Doctor - Quick fix, Applies medical items 20% faster, and they last 10% longer. "Would you like a lollipop?"

- Licensed, this allows him to preform a (Name of action) all action. This allows you to do something to multiple woulds. "I don't think that's normal"

Nurse - Figit fix, Allows you to heal someone even if they move a small bit but it reduces the speed of the medical fix. "Don't be such a baby"

Lumberjack - Timber,Trees fall at a 50% faster rate. "I'm yelling timber"

Farmer - Herbalist, Plants grow to produce more from the plant faster. "Just call me Donald."

Burger flipper - Bagger,They automatically pull food from ovens,stoves, and fires when cooked if in GUI. "Next please" or "Would you like a side of fries?"

These are all suggestions and the ones with 2 are just different ideas. The names were thought up on the spot so don't judge. That's my 2 cents for now. Still +1 the idea.