Do I Have A Key For This? - Show if you have a key for a knob in the tooltip - v3.0.0

blindcoder

After stumbling over this thread http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/13649-serious-problem-with-the-new-keys-and-lockable-doorknobs/ I realized that I actually do have that implemented already.

What's this mod do?

It shows you a short info in a doorknobs tooltip if you have a key for this specific knob in your keyring.

Also, when you right-click on doors, you get an option to drop one key for this door to the ground.

dihakft.png

Where do I get this mod?

On github: https://github.com/blind-coder/pz-dihakft/releases

How do I install it?

Like any other mod, download and extract to Zomboid/mods, then enable it in the Mods section.

Does this mod have tiny_avc support?

Yes!

What is the license of this mod?

It's Free For All!

After stumbling over this thread http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/13649-serious-problem-with-the-new-keys-and-lockable-doorknobs/ I realized that I actually do have that implemented already.

What's this mod do?

It shows you a short info in a doorknobs tooltip if you have a key for this specific knob in your keyring.

dihakft.png

Where do I get this mod?

On github: https://github.com/blind-coder/pz-dihakft/releases

How do I install it?

Like any other mod, download and extract to Zomboid/mods, then enable it in the Mods section.

Does this mod have tiny_avc support?

Yes!

What is the license of this mod?

It's Free For All!

I don't see why it wouldn't be, but is this compatible with multiplayer? Then again, I know nothing about modding, but if it is, I'll download it because I NEED it lol. Thanks for the mod! :D

I don't see why it wouldn't be, but is this compatible with multiplayer? Then again, I know nothing about modding, but if it is, I'll download it because I NEED it lol. Thanks for the mod! :D

It totally should be, but the server must enable it in its config.

It totally should be, but the server must enable it in its config.

Alright, I'll try it. I hope TIS's SpiffoSpace server will allow it. I'm going through a phase of addiction to that server O.o

Unfortunately, there is no possibility to "allow" users to use a mod on multiplayer.

If the server-owner implements it on the server, you "must" have the mod installed, or you are not able to join the server.

But back to the mod in general.

As usual, a nice mod from blindcoder.

I will have a look on the code and probably take the files into the mod-package we will install on Zeeks-Roleplay-Server. :D

Thanks to you, blindcoder. You are doing a lot for the PZ.-community!

I will have a look on the code and probably take the files into the mod-package we will install on Zeeks-Roleplay-Server. :D

Shouldn't be too hard, the mod is a full 34 lines of code. Could be less if I didn't care for compatibility with other mods, could be more if I made it more beautiful.

Tell me if you need any help!

I already read so much code from you blindcoder, so i think it will be no problem. :D

I just want to know how it is working exactly.

In order to prevent collissions with my mods and to find some new nice functions / ways which I can use for my mod-ideas. :D

If anyone wants to start modding, I can recommend just reading blindcoders lua-files.:D

(I think it is written really nice to understand.)

I already read so much code from you blindcoder, so i think it will be no problem. :D

I just want to know how it is working exactly.

In order to prevent collissions with my mods and to find some new nice functions / ways which I can use for my mod-ideas. :D

If anyone wants to start modding, I can recommend just reading blindcoders lua-files. :D

(I think it is written really nice to understand.)

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

I have updated this mod a bit so if you click on a door and have a key for it in your inventory (main inventory, keyring, any bags you carry), you can drop 1 (i.W.: one) key for this door to the ground.

This should be very useful for multiplayer, making one person the Keymaster who then distributes keys to the other players.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...