anyone else really pumped for cars

Jamesonline

meh, your thinking too small

using a car to go from the mall, to the muldraugh police station, the military base in Bedford, the hospital in New Denver, the hospital on the Rebuild map, stopping by the church and cemetery in west point and back to the shooting range before finally pulling into the mall parking lot again............and that's before we get Fort Knox and Louisville

I am VERY excited for vehicles. I have only been to the east where the mall and that are once, to loot the shooting range. It was very dangerous and I probably wont walk it again. When vehicles come we can drive there but I think the vehicles will have to be maintained, to make sure they don't brake down and something tells me that's not going to be easy if your not a mechanic.

I'm seriously hoping cars don't turn into battering rams. I live in an area that's relatively lush with wildlife, so I've seen the aftermath of hitting a 90 lb deer at sixty miles an hour....a 190 lb walking corpse is going to do some serious damage to the front end of pretty much any car, and you can pretty much forget about plowing through a dozen or so...

Cars will most likely be unable to transverse very far on the roads for many reasons.

1 - Gasolene, its a limited supply, and hard to find

2 - Durability, there are swarms on the roads, a car won't be able to plow through the mobs, animals, zombies, players

3 - Obstructions - Poor driving, and cars on the road. The roads are bound to not be clear, it'll take months to push the cars

to clear the streets for any kind of driving.

I'd be happy with motor scooters and a wagon or shopping cart.

Cars could be a bad idea if you make too much noise with them.

Especially as I would hope they would be randomly placed on the map including some in crashes/pile ups hehehe. Broken down cars everywhere maybe some with zombies inside!

Just a thought since they posted gas would be able to be gotten from gas stations as long as the power is up could we just haul a generator there and power it for free gas after the power is off?  Gas Stations would become trade depots and war zones in mp!

YEEEES

i am sick and fucking tired of going a large distance in this game.

It is the most boring thing ever.

i rarely ever make the trek.

i did only once go to muldraugh from west point , and it was to test to see if i actually could.

I would not dare go to the mall.

unless we get to have wheelie bins with a capacity of 1000 weight we can push  over to the mall.

otherwise we'll just run out of recourses and die before reaching either town.

And i am full aware the cars won't even be in the game by the end of 2016.

YEEEES

i am sick and fucking tired of going a large distance in this game.

It is the most boring thing ever.

i rarely ever make the trek.

i did only once go to muldraugh from west point , and it was to test to see if i actually could.

I would not dare go to the mall.

unless we get to have wheelie bins with a capacity of 1000 weight we can push over to the mall.

otherwise we'll just run out of recourses and die before reaching either town.

And i am full aware the cars won't even be in the game by the end of 2016.

end of 2016?

Why do you think it'll take that long?

Done well, vehicles will be great, at first.

Then comes the lack of regular maintenance, the gas scrounged from vehicles that have sat with all the gunk settling in their tanks, the degradation that comes from only using them when absolutely necessary, the bumps that make them not run quite right when there's no other way to escape a horde.

I look forward to looting vehicles, but driving and maintaining them for long could well be more work than it's worth, unless we can rig them to go in a straight line, turn up their radios and have them de-zombify a street for us with a brick on the accelerator :)

Ive looked at our garages....i dont think the cars will fit in them......let alone,us having room to get out of the cars in the garages...

I also have to wonder,how we will be able to park them in our player made buildings,as theres no single craftable door big enough to allow them to pass thru.So either we have a large gaping hole,which we drive our car thru,and the zoms happily pile in after it....or we park our cars outside of our bases.

Please say the same update that brings them,brings some form of craft-able open-able/close-able entry for said cars.

idk about drivable cars but i would love to see cars littering the roadways forcing me to navigate through them or using them as a barrier between me and zombies with long range weapons. Also looting them or car alarms going off. :-)

Definitely this.

Sounds sad but one of the things that bugs me when playing the game is that abandoned vehicles are sort of a major background pointer towards an apocalypse. Where are all the people? Oh, They're all dead or living dead, ok, so where are the signs of struggle and escape?

Not a major issue obviously. Just something that slightly disrupts the immersion into the world.

I imagine a day where we walk (or drive when possible) down a street and see cars crashed into the side of a building or street sign. Traffic jams that ended in chaos on the highways. Cars abandoned in panic.

Driving would be nice providing you can't unrealistically mow down zombies. And that they need to be appreciated. Not like say State Of Decay where it's just a case of jumping into the next one on hand. Fuel pumps will obviously stop working. You need keys for a start too.

I guess it could be quite easy to manage. Most cars in the inner cities will have been abandoned for good reason. How many will have the keys sat in them, full of fuel, undamaged with 4 healthy tyres?

On the highways you might find the healthiest cars simply abandoned in traffic or whatever. But there are always zombies there. And getting a car through the maze of vehicles is another problem.

But the abandoned vehicles will help the apocalyptic feel.

Done well, vehicles will be great, at first.

Then comes the lack of regular maintenance, the gas scrounged from vehicles that have sat with all the gunk settling in their tanks, the degradation that comes from only using them when absolutely necessary, the bumps that make them not run quite right when there's no other way to escape a horde.

I look forward to looting vehicles, but driving and maintaining them for long could well be more work than it's worth, unless we can rig them to go in a straight line, turn up their radios and have them de-zombify a street for us with a brick on the accelerator :)

Yeah, pretty much this. I can see bicycles, motorcycles, and quads being useful to get from point A to point B quickly, but cars not so much. Unless you play with low zombie density or no respawns and clear an area out first before bringing in the vehicles to load up with loot, otherwise you'll likely end up wrecking them rather quickly.