Removing Garbage

Blake81

I'm sure this must not happen to ppl to often, but have you ever been bothered by those piles of garbage that litter some places of the game? I never had before, until I made my safehouse in that Dinner that's between Muldraugh and West Point (the one next to Dixie Trailer Park).

Place's a real cool base; has a fully-covered tall-fenced backyard, two freezers and plenty of places around to store your stuff. While being far enough from both cities that Zeds aren't that common.

Problem is, that cool fenced backyard is full of garbage piles. Garbage piles you can't remove with ANYTHING (tried Sledgehammers, shovels, spades, building a wooden floor over them. Nothing works) and that cover the place where I want to make crops.

So, just like we can remove bushes and grass, as well as clean Zed blood off the walls, and even remove said walls.... why can't we get rid of that annoying garbage?

Maybe you'd need a plastic bag or a garbage bag to remove it; that'd be cool. I just want a way to remove all that stuff from my backyard.

I'm sure this must not happen to ppl to often, but have you ever been bothered by those piles of garbage that litter some places of the game? I never had before, until I made my safehouse in that Dinner that's between Muldraugh and West Point (the one next to Dixie Trailer Park).

Place's a real cool base; has a fully-covered tall-fenced backyard, two freezers and plenty of places around to store your stuff. While being far enough from both cities that Zeds aren't that common.

Problem is, that cool fenced backyard is full of garbage piles. Garbage piles you can't remove with ANYTHING (tried Sledgehammers, shovels, spades, building a wooden floor over them. Nothing works) and that cover the place where I want to make crops.

So, just like we can remove bushes and grass, as well as clean Zed blood off the walls, and even remove said walls.... why can't we get rid of that annoying garbage?

Maybe you'd need a plastic bag or a garbage bag to remove it; that'd be cool. I just want a way to remove all that stuff from my backyard.

It'd be an actual use for trash bags aside from building rain barrels, never really thought about trash piles too much because they've never gotten in my way but you're right, that WOULD be a good spot for a safehouse if those piles weren't taking up so much space.

Other nice feature to have !

Anyone here play The Last Stand - Dead Zone? For that game, we got a handful of loot just by recycling a pile of trash hehe.

One man's trash is another man's treasure

DZ used to be cool until it was turned into some faux-PVP game.

It'd be an actual use for trash bags aside from building rain barrels, never really thought about trash piles too much because they've never gotten in my way but you're right, that WOULD be a good spot for a safehouse if those piles weren't taking up so much space.

Yeah, due to it's location between Muldraugh and West Point (it's practically in the center of the map, although it's still pretty far away from both; wish the railroad was finished....), its proximity to a large sources of food (The nearby gas station, the supermarket down the road, and even all those homes from the trailer park), having two freezers (which is rather uncommon, at least in places easier to defend) and that amazing tall fence with a single door of its own (Which I always board up and clog with sandbags), the Dixie Dinner (as I call it) makes for an excellent meeting point for scavengers.

Its main downside being its dozen of large glass windows; cannot be opened and easy for the zeds to break. Still, some curtains and high level barricades can solve that.

Other nice feature to have !

Anyone here play The Last Stand - Dead Zone? For that game, we got a handful of loot just by recycling a pile of trash hehe.

One man's trash is another man's treasure

I have played it. You made me think of a way to add on to this idea: Searching for useable items within trash. We could find empty cans and bottles, sheets (and ripped sheets), and other useful goodies, kind of like foraging, except you are searching through mostly inorganic materials instead of natural material found foraging in the woods.