Traits & Skills Questions

Kirbyarm

Hello PZ community,

I am about to dive back into the game and enjoy it once more and live another story about how I died. I have been doing some research to try and catch up to the changes since I last played in build 29.3. I can't seem to find any solid answers on the questions I'm about to ask, so any information about them would be greatly appreciated.

1) Strength skill. I noticed you have this in character creation screen, but in-game under the Skills tab, there is no such skill and I cannot seem to locate the value anywhere else in the game.. but yet I see that it is possible to add Experience points to it in lua files.

Q) What specifically does Strength affect in gameplay, and is it possible to increase your Strength level after character creation? If it is, how do you increase it?

2) Fitness skill. Same as #1.

Q) What specifically does Fitness affect in gameplay, and is it possible to increase your Fitness level after character creation? If it is, how do you increase it?

3) Blade/Blunt Accuracy.

Q) What specifically does this affect in gameplay?

4) Blade/Blunt Guard.

5) Blade/Blunt Maintenance.

Thank you for your time, everyone. ^^;

-snip-

1:) Max Carry Weight and Damage dealt with Melee weapons. Increase it naturally by carnying a lot of stuff in inventory. Also, chance to knock a zombie down with melee weapons and unarmed.

2:) Running speed (possibly) and how long it takes before the character gets exhausted. Increases the more the character runs around and does stuff that cause exertion.

3:) Affects damage dealt with Blade\Blunt melee weapons and critical hit chance with those weapons.

4:) Decreases the chance to get bit\scratched by zombie when holding a weapon.

5:) How fast weapon will break when in use and how easy and effectively the character will be able to fix it.

Thank you again, Svarog! Of course this generates a couple more questions.

-How can you check your Strength and Fitness in-game? Or put skill points into levelling them?

-For Maintenance, what exactly do you mean by 'how easily and effectively'? Does it simply repair the item in 0.5 s instead of 1s? Or does it cost significantly less materials?

-How can you check your Strength and Fitness in-game? Or put skill points into levelling them?

-For Maintenance, what exactly do you mean by 'how easily and effectively'? Does it simply repair the item in 0.5 s instead of 1s? Or does it cost significantly less materials?

1) They are ''invisible'' skills, meaning you can't see them. I think they level up on their own.

2) I think it might be the chance to suceed repairing an item.

They cannot be checked in game, well, for Strength you can look at your Max carrying weight. I also think that eating food affects strength by 1 point until the "Fed" moodle goes away. Or you can look if your character has a Trait on the stats page that he\she didn't have before, high strength\fitness give their trait in-game.

Both of those traits can be increased with traits like Athletic, Strong or their weaker versions. They level up automatically in-game and do not require a skill point.

Edit: I also believe those skills can be lost if the character doesn't carry much of anything and doesn't move much.

For maintenance it just affects the success chance when you are fixing a weapon, if you have no skill you can actually damage the weapon instead of repairing it.

There is no way to check it in-game as of yet. Or to add points for that matter. Those skills improve automatically when carrying a lot (more than half your carrying capacity if I'm not mistaken). Not sure how fitness improves. With running probably.

Thanks for the replies!

Hmm, so repairing is still completely useless in my opinion then, at least for my play style. The higher durability however, still makes Maintenance quite useful.

Good catch about being able to see the traits pop up for Strong and Athletic, that's a nice feature. So I'm thinking 5 is the default value as shown in character creation represented by little green bars. And the weak trait would be -5 which brings it to fresh level 0. That would make sense.

Choosing obese and weak could help with getting some more of the good traits on your side if you just work hard to level them up naturally hmm.