Custom Hair Color

Kirbyarm

Hello again PZ community,

This time I am trying something new. I am looking to make my blonde hair in-game actually look blonde instead of... well, not.

hairno10.png

I'm sorry but THAT is not blonde and nowhere even close to blonde! My hair looks kind of like yellow/gold in real life and it saddens me that I can't have that in-game despite it saying there is blonde..

I have modified all three of these files in media/textures:

-F_Hair.png

-F_Hair_Blonde.png

-F_Hair_BlondeDark.png

I made them all bright and blonde as they naturally should be, but I don't think it made any difference at all in-game. I increased the lightness, vibrance, saturation and pushed it to true blonde colors. I don't believe modifying these files is making any difference.

Please can anyone tell me how to change the default blonde hair color?

Look at my mod. You can edit the .lua file and see if that will get you the result you want.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/14134-additional-hair-colors/ 

Also if anyone is interested in adding his own colors, you can edit the SVGHair.lua and just change the values, it's RGB.

SurvivorDesc.addHairColor(ColorInfo.new(1.00000000000000000,0.00000000000000000,0.00000000000000000, 1)) -- red

Also, I think the game desaturates all hair colors by default in-game.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. However I can't find media\lua\client\SVGHair.lua anywhere in my PZ installation directory to modify the currently available hair colors. Is this a new lua you created entirely yourself? Where would I go to modify the pre-existing hair colors?

If I am unable to do that, I will resort to using this wonderful mod you made and just add a few new (realistic including a couple dyed variant) colors.

Seems you have quite a bit of modding knowledge for this game. :)

Default hair colors are set by the lua file MainCreationMethods.lua

media\lua\shared\NPCs\MainCreationMethods.lua default hair colors are at the bottom.

I always try to avoid modifying default game files as that more often than not has the effect of mod becoming incompatible or game breaking as soon as a new Build comes out.

A bit, yes but not too much, I'm glad that what little I know I can use to help out others.

Thank you very much. ^^; You're a good person. I also like to share knowledge. Sunny and I are going to have a blast with this! 500+ hours went into my mod.

title210.jpg

I'm okay with modifying the default files, it's for personal use and I have a highly organized library of the specific files modded, a clean version for each file, plus document comparing software to help me re-merge info from my old build mods to the newest versions. Took me about.. 6 hours to update from 29.3 to the latest Steam build. Compared to how long it took to create the mod itself, 6 hours is nothing. Given how much has changed in the luas and other files that I noticed, it was a fair bit of work but I'll get better at it every time I have to re-mod the game. So worth using default files for me. If I were releasing it to the public however, that would be a different story.

Again thank you so much, you're truly wonderful. ^^;

Mackenzie~

Thank you very much. ^^; You're a good person. I also like to share knowledge. Sunny and I are going to have a blast with this! 500+ hours went into my mod.

title210.jpg

I'm okay with modifying the default files, it's for personal use and I have a highly organized library of the specific files modded, a clean version for each file, plus document comparing software to help me re-merge info from my old build mods to the newest versions. Took me about.. 6 hours to update from 29.3 to the latest Steam build. Compared to how long it took to create the mod itself, 6 hours is nothing. Given how much has changed in the luas and other files that I noticed, it was a fair bit of work but I'll get better at it every time I have to re-mod the game. So worth using default files for me. If I were releasing it to the public however, that would be a different story.

Again thank you so much, you're truly wonderful. ^^;

Mackenzie~

please, tell us more about the mod you are making. it looks very interesting

oh, darn. i missed the line about it essentially being a private mod

It's already made haha.. I was just updating it. This hair color addition is the only 'new' change really. That title screen says the major enhancements with no exagerration. The mod aims to stay true to the original essence of the game, it just expands upon it and remains very well balanced. It is private, but my closest friends can get the files from me and join my private server. :)

• 9 months later...

It's already made haha.. I was just updating it. This hair color addition is the only 'new' change really. That title screen says the major enhancements with no exagerration. The mod aims to stay true to the original essence of the game, it just expands upon it and remains very well balanced. It is private, but my closest friends can get the files from me and join my private server. :)

thats what i am doing with my vanilla patch mod :P