How is this possible? (spamming items on MP + other weird hacks I've never seen)

RichCoconut

How is this possible, after IP banning, kicking, closing the server open option to false for a few hours, and banning at least 60 times and trapping him in a brick box (Shoutout to Extended Buildings mod :-)), killing him over and over again, I log on to see this from a player named "Alice". It's a lot worse around the map, but this is just an example around West Point of what I just woke up to.

Screen_Shot_2015_04_25_at_12_05_25_PM.pn

I'm super stumped on what to do. How are people able to mod stuff this serious for results like this? Is there a lua checker/cheater system? Is it really that easy? I'd like to know some information about it and how they are able to do this because maybe it will help in combating it.

Is there a way to clean the map of items or a specific item so I don't have to pick up every item? Or a server reboot option? I'm at a lost. He's also spamming constantly and I can't mute him via chat(?).. Is there a way to disable someone from moving? Like, locking them in a sense? Because then I could just do that and they wouldn't be able to do anything.. Need suggestions from the community. (I know I can just whitelist the server, but I rather not do that, so I'm looking for any other suggestions anyone has on dealing with this kind of issue)

*This has been an ongoing battle with this one guy for a few days and I'm so exhausted from dealing with a 6 year old modder who hasn't developed common sense and respect. I need suggestions before I go crazy. Haha. :(

*Someone said I could VAC ban him? Is this game protected by VAC? If so, how do I take the steps to do that?

I'm super stumped on what to do. How are people able to mod stuff this serious for results like this? Is there a lua checker/cheater system? Is it really that easy? I'd like to know some information about it and how they are able to do this because maybe it will help in combating it.

Or a server reboot option?

Do you have "DoLuaChecksum" set to true? That´s the only "protection" I know of.

Reboot = Hard reset, so you would loose everything on the map.

Is this guy/girl using a proxy or always IP from the same range? If it´s the same range everytime you could ban the whole range with iptables/firewall.

Or a server reboot option?

Do you have "DoLuaChecksum" set to true? That´s the only "protection" I know of.

Reboot = Hard reset, so you would loose everything on the map.

Is this guy/girl using a proxy or always IP from the same range? If it´s the same range everytime you could ban the whole range with iptables/firewall.

We have that enabled on the server options I've checked, but that doesn't do anything. I don't understand how it bypasses it if it's modding files/numbers around and not being seen by it. It could also just be my ignorance of not understanding how it works.

Reboot = I can't do that.. Is there a way to soft reset the server? As in, just wipe the floors? Or a server command to clean the map?

He says he's using a proxy. Does that mean I can't IP range ban him? He says he has over 126 IP's and I've banned at least a good 40-60.

If I'm not quite understanding or responded to you correctly, let me know, I'm really trying to find a solution. It's ruining the server I'm on and I don't understand why people would do something like this day in and day out and I seriously fear for other servers and future ones.

We have that enabled on the server options I've checked, but that doesn't do anything. I don't understand how it bypasses it if it's modding files/numbers around and not being seen by it. It could also just be my ignorance of not understanding how it works.

Reboot = I can't do that.. Is there a way to soft reset the server? As in, just wipe the floors? Or a server command to clean the map?

He says he's using a proxy. Does that mean I can't IP range ban him? He says he has over 126 IP's and I've banned at least a good 40-60.

There are ways to bypass the lua check (I won´t post them, because I´m a noob at it myself and don´t want to publish stuff that can be used to do this sort of crap).

If I remember correctly then a softreset should do the trick. Haven´t used it in a while, so I don´t know if this guide is still accurate.

If he is using a proxy that has only IPs from the same range (you can tell by the first 2-3 ip-blocks) then you can ban the IP-range. Although I doubt that his proxy uses only one IP-range.

Maybe find a listing somewhere of common proxy IP ranges and just mass ban all of them pre-emptively. That's about the best you can do other than ban over and over, unfortunately.

Without the resources of a AAA publisher-backed game company, it's almost impossible to build an impenetrable "open" server. It's not that TIS doesn't want to prevent this kind of thing, it's that the manpower to do it would probably be pretty improbable given their timeframe and funding.

That being said, if they can incorporate Steam-account-based servers, and you could ban Steam accounts specifically, it would be a much better option. It's something we're looking into, but I can't comment on whether it's coming for sure or not.

That being said, if they can incorporate Steam-account-based servers, and you could ban Steam accounts specifically, it would be a much better option. It's something we're looking into, but I can't comment on whether it's coming for sure or not.

I don't think such a system will ever see the light of day. Even if it would be implemented as an option for server owners (to only let people with a Steam Account on it), Steam Family Sharing makes this too easy to bypass.

Never heard of something like this. Most likely for a good reason.

Thank you everyone for your positive feedback and help. I'm going to try and find the common IP's and try to get Zac (Zeek) to ban them all.

Although there would be a workaround NasKo, Steam implementing such a feature would at least make another wall that they have to go through, and they can only use that work around for so long, in my opinion.

Rathlord, I understand, I know you guys wish to not see things like this - you guys have an amazing and immersive game here and I thank you all for letting me have that opportunity to play this game. I'll try to Range ban and if there's any other things, I'll try that as well.

Thank you PZ community. :-) I'll let you guys know if it worked.

As a note of reference, I run off steam and have hydrocraft as well as a few other mods that allow me to select mod traits in the mp char build menu.  I have noticed that they don't work in mp game, but the traits are still selectable giving my character the ability to select negative traits that don't produce negative effects.  (i.e. Hydrophilia trait: +4 skill points "slowly hydrates in the rain, and rain reduces panic" (effects don't apply but skill points are still capable of being used)

• 4 weeks later...