Zombies with professions in life and the effect on loot

MaxMikester

To make this clear, this is NOT talking about special, mutated zombies of any kind nor will it affect their behavior and stats. This would simply add more variation to zombie appearance and would affect loot drops and such depending on the variation.

In the zombie apocalypse, not everyone is going to be at their homes in plain colored clothes when the outbreak spreads. People will be killed/turned at their workplace or while performing a specific service. These zombies had professions/jobs at the time of the zombie apocalypse. Once they turn, they will wear and hold (but not use) items that go with their profession or job and join the horde of the undead. As a result, looting a zombie of a certain profession has a chance to have certain items on them. I will show some examples of some "professional" zombies:

Doctors, Nurses, Surgeons, and/or EMTs: Chance to have useful medical items such as disinfectant, bandages, or needles.

Fireman: Chance to have axes and fire extinguishers

Policemen:Chance to have a weapon (a bat, crowbar, pistol, shotgun, or ammo for said guns)

Construction Worker: Chance for hammer,nails,screws,screwdriver,glue, and wood glue

An issue of this would be how the clothes would drop. They would be wearing uniforms, not plain clothes. However maybe we can have uniforms act similar to basic clothes and act as cosmetic variations.

To make this clear, this is NOT talking about special, mutated zombies of any kind nor will it affect their behavior and stats. This would simply add more variation to zombie appearance and would affect loot drops and such depending on the variation.

In the zombie apocalypse, not everyone is going to be at their homes in plain colored clothes when the outbreak spreads. People will be killed/turned at their workplace or while performing a specific service. These zombies had professions/jobs at the time of the zombie apocalypse. Once they turn, they will wear and hold (but not use) items that go with their profession or job and join the horde of the undead. As a result, looting a zombie of a certain profession has a chance to have certain items on them. I will show some examples of some "professional" zombies:

Doctors, Nurses, Surgeons, and/or EMTs: Chance to have useful medical items such as disinfectant, bandages, or needles.

Fireman: Chance to have axes and fire extinguishers

Policemen:Chance to have a weapon (a bat, crowbar, pistol, shotgun, or ammo for said guns)

Construction Worker: Chance for hammer,nails,screws,screwdriver,glue, and wood glue

An issue of this would be how the clothes would drop. They would be wearing uniforms, not plain clothes. However maybe we can have uniforms act similar to basic clothes and act as cosmetic variations.

I don't know why I didn't think of it first, but... This. Please.

great idea!

would be cool to see profession clothes give small boosts when wearing them too (though I don't know how easy that would be to program), but like fitness instructor shoes wouldn't necessarily be faster but maybe the provide slower endurance loss, and a firemans jacket could protect against some fire, maybe the chef's Jacket (or knife) makes better food and the construction worker could have a tool belt that boosts dexterity.  

I love this idea and I'm surprised that no one has suggested this before. I mean, Zombie Cops have become quite common since RE3.

Which makes me think.... why aren't there Nightsticks in this game? They could do for a nice weapon, and maybe even a starter one for the Security Guard and Police Officer Jobs.

Also, I thought of two other jobs for zombies:

Chef/Burger Flipper: They'd carry kitchen utensils, matches or maybe even food. And they would wear and apron of some kind; maybe those uniforms employees from cheap dinners use. As for unique drops, maybe non-perishable food or luxury food. Those might not seem so unique, but over a year after the end, once power has failed and everything has spoiled, finding some beef jerky or a pickle could save your belly.

Janitor: They'd carry Mops or Brooms, as well as cleaning supplies like Bleach or a Bucket. They'd probably wear a blue uniform or jumpsuit for sorts. Not sure of what would do for their unique drops, maybe they could drop those thick rubber gloves most janitor use, but not sure of what bonus they could give you...

This also links into your character starting with clothes and items that match there job.

I love this idea and I'm surprised that no one has suggested this before. I mean, Zombie Cops have become quite common since RE3.

Which makes me think.... why aren't there Nightsticks in this game? They could do for a nice weapon, and maybe even a starter one for the Security Guard and Police Officer Jobs.

Also, I thought of two other jobs for zombies:

Chef/Burger Flipper: They'd carry kitchen utensils, matches or maybe even food. And they would wear and apron of some kind; maybe those uniforms employees from cheap dinners use. As for unique drops, maybe non-perishable food or luxury food. Those might not seem so unique, but over a year after the end, once power has failed and everything has spoiled, finding some beef jerky or a pickle could save your belly.

Janitor: They'd carry Mops or Brooms, as well as cleaning supplies like Bleach or a Bucket. They'd probably wear a blue uniform or jumpsuit for sorts. Not sure of what would do for their unique drops, maybe they could drop those thick rubber gloves most janitor use, but not sure of what bonus they could give you...

I love the stuff you guys added on to my suggestion. Maybe there can be a way for survivors to have certain clothes/stuff as a profession. Also the new weapon ideas really make sense with my suggestion. Killing a police officer zombie and finding a nightstick for example not only makes sense but is very useful.

This is a great idea but could some Zeds possibly have possibly stolen the clothes when they were alive. This would be interesting to see how a zombies appearance may not always be based upon the actual looks of it leaving some room for error.I find this would be amazing.