SuburbsDistributions.lua how to edit spawn chance?

hrot

So can anyone explain me with details how i can edit spawn chance of certains items?

For example i would like to increase number of empty jars but what's those numbers mean excatly?

housewarestore = {        shelves ={            rolls = 3,            items = {                "Base.ButterKnife", 10,                "Base.ButterKnife", 10,                "Base.Spoon", 20,                "Base.Spoon", 20,                "Base.Fork", 20,                "Base.Fork", 20,                "Base.Bowl", 10,                "Base.DishCloth", 5,                "Base.Magazine", 3,                "Base.Newspaper", 3,                "Base.Doll", 0.5,                "Base.Sheet", 2,                "Base.Pen", 7,                "Base.Pencil", 7,                "Base.Pencil", 7,                "Base.Scissors", 3,                "Base.Hammer", 3,                "Base.Cube", 1,                "Base.Book", 7,                "Base.Screwdriver", 1,                "Base.NailsBox", 1,                "Base.PaperclipBox", 0.5,                "Base.DuctTape", 0.8,                "Base.Glue", 0.8,                "Base.Scotchtape", 0.8,                "Base.Twine", 0.8,                "Base.Thread", 0.8,                "Base.Needle", 0.8,                "Base.Woodglue", 0.8,                "Base.Battery", 2,                "Base.Lamp", 3,                "Base.Mirror", 3,                "Base.EmptyJar", 4,                "Base.JarLid", 4,

So numbers after name of items are spawn chances but what they mean excatly?

"Base.Mirror", 3,  - is it mean that mirror has spawn chance of 30% or 3% or something different?

How number of rolls interact with those number next to item's name.

I would like to remove some items from spawning at all. How do it?

So numbers after name of items are spawn chances but what they mean excatly?

"Base.Mirror", 3,  - is it mean that mirror has spawn chance of 30% or 3% or something different?

How number of rolls interact with those number next to item's name.

It's one of the great mysteries.

I would like to remove some items from spawning at all. How do it?

Just remove them from the distribution table :)

As far as I know, no one has tested how the numbers work exactly. It's always been a touch and feel type of thing. In theory you could create a new distribution file and make only a few items spawn in specific containers, then do multiple playthroughs and calculate the medium of the spawns to determine how the numbers work. But that seems like quite a bit of a chore and I for one am pretty lazy...

Pretty sure it's . . . Rolls 3 means there'll be 3 attempts to spawn items in the container. The number following the item is the chance of that item being spawned from a roll (higher is better).

EnigmaGrey, ruiner of mysteries.

Its definitely more complicate than a simple % chance..

The itemspawn chance change with the loot setting in the config.

So the number just seems to be a multiplier on a "complicate" loot-function