Dangerous Animals

Arturius

While zombie animals are a confirmed "no" from TIS, I don't see anything on the CSS thread about infected animals.  I wonder if animals are entirely immune to the zombie virus, or if there's potential for them to be "carriers".  We may have to be careful about what we eat.

While zombie animals are a confirmed "no" from TIS, I don't see anything on the CSS thread about infected animals.  I wonder if animals are entirely immune to the zombie virus, or if there's potential for them to be "carriers".  We may have to be careful about what we eat.

Fire kills Zombies, so it stands to reason that cooking your food would kill whatever causes zombification.

....Hmm. Thinking about it, I wonder if we'll be able to cauterize bites/scratches to kill off the infection before it spreads in a future build.

While zombie animals are a confirmed "no" from TIS, I don't see anything on the CSS thread about infected animals. I wonder if animals are entirely immune to the zombie virus, or if there's potential for them to be "carriers". We may have to be careful about what we eat.

Fire kills Zombies, so it stands to reason that cooking your food would kill whatever causes zombification.

....Hmm. Thinking about it, I wonder if we'll be able to cauterize bites/scratches to kill off the infection before it spreads in a future build.

Cooking the meat to purify it of the zombie virus makes sense...that doesn't rule out getting bitten by a feral dog that is carrying the disease, though. Just speculating.

I've seen mention of amputation and cauterizing wounds before. Not ENTIRELY sure where the devs stand on that, but since they've listed a cure to the virus as a NO, I imagine this falls under similar opinion: once you have the virus, you're screwed.

I would think that this would be great! I miss the bears in the Oregon Trail! If we have a hunting skill, perhaps it would be worth more experience points to hunt bigger and more dangerous game. Oh and if there are bears and cougars they may break into your house for your food (if you have meat).