How to hard reset your server

Dr_Medic

Question

7 answers to this question

create a word/notepad file and place this code in it:

".\jre64\bin\java.exe" -Dsoftreset  -Djava.library.path=./ -cp lwjgl.jar;lwjgl_util.jar;sqlitejdbc-v056.jar;trove-3.0.3.jar;uncommons-maths-1.2.3.jar;./ zombie.network.GameServer
PAUSE

Then save the file in the same folder as your server (I saved mine as ProjectZomboidServer_Softwipe.bat) and run it.

Someday I would like to see a simpler to use GUI for admins to do all this stuff. I'm sure they'll add it in the future at some point.

The -softreset server command-line option does this:

• Deletes all zombie_X_Y.bin files so the zombies are reset to their intial numbers and placement.
  • Deletes map_t.bin so the server's clock is reset.
  • Deletes map_meta.bin so all the alarms are reset.  This also removes any custom zones that prevent too much fishing/foraging.
  • Deletes reanimated.bin so any player zombies are removed.
  • Deletes all zombie corpses, items on the ground, items in containers, and blood splatter.
  • Changes the server's ResetID in the Zomboid\Servers\SERVERNAME.ini file.  The causes the client to delete the map data when joining the server again, so it will be redownloaded from the server.  Player files are saved on the client in map_p.bin files; these files are not deleted when doing a soft reset.  There is no way for the server to remove the map_p.bin files.

Archived