Throwing Objects to Distract NPCs/Zombies

Fortport

So, the suggestion's to implement throwing objects. Things like rocks, tools, or even forks could be used to make a couple zeds turn around. It should only work when they don't know you're there, and only if it's close enough for them to hear it pretty well. For example, you could shatter a window with some stone that you found in the woods, and zeds around it walk towards the sound. A fork clanging against pavement might also do the trick. That's pretty much the gist of it.

Throwing could be made precise, in that you see an arc on your screen that's projected to where your mouse is. This makes it possible to do this on the fly, in real-time.

From the above mentioned Mondoid:

"A primary part of Build 32’s crafting update will be some rudimentary offensive and defensive devices that can be thrown, or maybe have timers/sensors attached to them if your character has the relevant skills."

To me it sounds like there could already be more than the molotov in build 32.

The way the fire speads isn't nice, a molotov wouldn't do that IRL IMO,

See the street?

In P Zomboid the entire road would be engulfed, IRL its just one small spot. The item spread, but its a nice addition nonetheless.

From yesterday's Mondoid:

“I’ve also just added sound effects, and if you think zombies are attracted to the noise of gunfire – wait and see how they react to a pipebomb! While I’m in there I’m also playing around with fire spread, so you don’t burn down a whole neighbourhood with a single Molotov. After a lot of talk with Twiggy we’ve also thought of a few more traps and devices that would be useful, so there might be a few more surprises.”

There's a Mondoid for EVERYTHING

The way the fire speads isn't nice, a molotov wouldn't do that IRL IMO,

See the street?

In P Zomboid the entire road would be engulfed, IRL its just one small spot. The item spread, but its a nice addition nonetheless.

Well he threw it at a wall. Not really much to spread.

But honestly I find a molotov is one of those things only gloried in video games, and even if it did spread the flames aren't intense enough for a zombie to really care.