[Roleplay][Whitelist][24/7] AGN - NewDawn Roleplay

ModdedTibby

Well, after a long break waiting for things to get better with Zomboid... I've come back to find someone has brought New Dawn back from the grave yet again! I would have already applied to join, just like I did the last two times... but it seems this newest site doesn't like me. I get nothing but errors when I try to create an account and apply.

While sad, I suppose it does give me time to go look at the mods used.

Well, after a long break waiting for things to get better with Zomboid... I've come back to find someone has brought New Dawn back from the grave yet again! I would have already applied to join, just like I did the last two times... but it seems this newest site doesn't like me. I get nothing but errors when I try to create an account and apply.

While sad, I suppose it does give me time to go look at the mods used.

working on that as we speak.  not sure whats up with that a bad callback on our site.  Bare with us!

EDIT:  Fixed it, we made some new websites today and synced them all up between databses, had a slight issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Way too many hoops to jump through to get on to this server, Like having to submit a detailed bio/history of your character which has to be reviewed, A paragraph won't cut it you need atleast a long detailed essay it seems, certain professions you aren't allowed to use but pvp is ok and you basically have to rewrite all the rules and lore of the server in your own words to "show you understand them" yeah, pass. Might come back in the future but for now I'd rather play single player than jump through all those hoops just to be 'accepted'.

Way too many hoops to jump through to get on to this server, Like having to submit a detailed bio/history of your character which has to be reviewed, A paragraph won't cut it you need atleast a long detailed essay it seems, certain professions you aren't allowed to use but pvp is ok and you basically have to rewrite all the rules and lore of the server in your own words to "show you understand them" yeah, pass. Might come back in the future but for now I'd rather play single player than jump through all those hoops just to be 'accepted'.

Sorry you feel that way man! We provide a QUALITY server with QUALITY roleplay.  I hope in the near future you will reconsider it and join the several hundred other people who have applied!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry you feel that way man! We provide a QUALITY server with QUALITY roleplay.  I hope in the near future you will reconsider it and join the several hundred other people who have applied!

Hours writing a character that will die in a fraction of the time I spent writing him really subtracts from the gameplay for me.

I get it that you want quality roleplay, but writing a mini novel for every character is a major turn off. I would understand if I had to write a complex story for my first character to prove that I know how to roleplay, but doing it every time just makes me want to give up after losing my first character.

The player count is usually around zero as well, so it's almost always like Singleplayer anyways.

The server is very good, but the whitelist and the very low player count makes it a no go for me. Sure, hundreds have applied, but how many are actually playing?

Anyways, that's just my two cents.

Hours writing a character that will die in a fraction of the time I spent writing him really subtracts from the gameplay for me.

I get it that you want quality roleplay, but writing a mini novel for every character is a major turn off. I would understand if I had to write a complex story for my first character to prove that I know how to roleplay, but doing it every time just makes me want to give up after losing my first character.

The player count is usually around zero as well, so it's almost always like Singleplayer anyways.

The server is very good, but the whitelist and the very low player count makes it a no go for me. Sure, hundreds have applied, but how many are actually playing?

i thin you missed some of the news then.  We recently announced a Story Lore wipe on the server and that has caused most players in the meantime to hold off until the launch of the new server and lore.

As far as the application process theres not much i can do about that.  We feels its very necessary for players to write up a good background and backstory. 

Later maybe we can change the rewhitelisting process but i assure you its not nearly as grueling as the first application you had to made.

I don't want to be a meanie asshole, but write a story isn't that hard... 3 paragraphs? That's all... and you don't even have to answer questions when re-whitelistening a character. Just the first time admins ask for more info, to prove that you said.

Come on, it was hard to me the first time! I didn't even knew how to write in english ... just translator + online dictionary and my imagination. I did it and learned a lot of english while roleplaying.

Also, with the polls and things happening, the server won his population again, players were inactive. Today 15 people online when I connected (early, people usually connect more at night) and a little shootout happened too! All made by players, no admin help!

*changing theme*

PvP + roleplaying is INTENSE ... know the risk of lose a character with hours of development it's just... damn!

I like what is happening right now in game...

Understandable, honestly, and it may not mean much as I am an admin and a crazy person on the server, but I think that is one of the most beautiful parts about the server...

Creating a character that dies soon after entering, almost non of your story ever being let out, just being dead is kind of poetic. You can't expect everyones life and all their secrets to be revealed and that's what is nice about it.

I had a character Called Munny Saelee when the latest new dawn started, he had a backstory as a communist spy and viet-cong badass who was abandoned by the Soviets after they relinquished control in 1991, and he moved on and became a police officer named Alex. No one ever knew he was actually a fricken communist, or that his name was ACTUALLY Munny, and to be honest, I love that.

I don't want to be a meanie asshole, but write a story isn't that hard... 3 paragraphs? That's all...

3 paragraphs didn't cut it. Since new characters that are native to WP or Muldraugh are now forbidden, my application was denied because I had to write filler for the 9 months where my character was.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...