Canned Food Distribution Fix

Svarog

Long time ago I've reported it as a bug on the tracker, it never got fixed so I fixed it for myself, I decided to share this with others who might be interested.

The problem is this, Canned Food is not affected by Food Rarity setting in sandbox, it's affected by Misc Rarity. I like to play with high amount of misc items, tools, clothes etc. and with Very Rare food, I never could because I always ended up with a stockpile of canned goods. With this mod Canned goods are properly treated by the game as food items (Don't worry, you can't eat the can, you still need to open it). So if you want to play with Very Rare food but keep other settings above Very Rare you won't end up with a ton of canned goods, especially since we had a ton of new ones added in Build 31.

Download: http://pz-mods.net/other/CannedFoodFix/

Warning: Load when starting a new game, don't use with your current saves, they might break! The game doesn't seem to like when item categories are changed from save to save very much and that's what this mod does.

Required Version: Project Zomboid Early Access Build 31.13

Compatible With: Project Zomboid Early Access IWBUMS Build 32

EDIT: All of my smaller mods can be found in this thread, leave feedback there.

• 5 weeks later...

So canned food should be listed under food?  Who would think of that, of course cans of food are no food, they are just misc items......

Anyways, good idea and long needed as you already said ;-)

P.S.: How about adding in which version it works?

Most of you modding people don't really care about version support in your threads :unsure: