Questions About Editing Character Traits

Wveth

I'm looking to fool around in the game a bit, and it's a simple thing to give myself all the positive traits.  I'm wondering though, how would I go about getting all the profession-specific traits as well?  I like to have a God Mode game running parallel to my REAL games, so I can take out my frustrations when the REAL game kicks my ass to the curb.

To get all the Traits - just use the AddFreeTraits function on your new profession.

you just need to find the traits by searching through the .lua-data from PZ via notepad++ for example.

Try keywords for your search like "owl" or "night_owl" (police officer trait i think) or just "strength"

Try this folder:

GAMEDIR\Steam\SteamApps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\lua\shared\NPCs\MainCreationMethods.lua

There you should find some traits like:

securityguard:addFreeTrait("NightOwl");

or

veteran:addFreeTrait("Desensitized");

I dont know if its necessary but i think you have to include the correct classes first:

require('NPCs/MainCreationMethods');require('NPCs/ProfessionClothing');

After it you create a function wich you can call in a ingameEvent like this:

local function initProfessions()   local var = ProfessionFactory.addProfession("newprofession", "ProfessionName", "Profession_PIC", 2);   newprofession:addFreeTrait("NightOwl");   newprofession:addFreeTrait("Desensitized");   newprofession:setDescription("Night Owl<LINE>Desensitized");endEvents.OnGameBoot.Add(initProfessions);