RELEASED: Build 31.13

EasyPickins

Build 31.11

• Fixed infinite batteries from "Remove Battery > All" action.
  • Prevent racking on Hardcore reloading when the left mouse button is held down. (Issue #001524)
  • Fixed scratches from broken windows sometimes not showing bleeding.
  • Remove stitches when scratched by a weapon.
  • Log multiplayer object addition/removal to Logs/*_map.txt to make it easier to catch griefers.
  • Fixed cutting a cooked fish fillet into infinite pieces. (Issue #001541)
  • Don't allow checking/removing fishing net from > 5 tiles away. (Issue #001538)
  • Round LastStand item repair cost up to the nearest integer. (Issue #001539)
  • Fixed player's XP level going up twice when a new level was reached. (Issue #001533)
  • Fixed chat window resize behavior. (Issue #001552)
  • Fixed removing bandage/stitch multiple times by click-spamming. (Issue #001555)
  • Preload some sounds to avoid hitching the first time they are loaded.
  • Food items use the burnt/cooked/rotten texture when on the ground. (Issue #001535)
  • Fixed campfire light radius being wrong when first lit.
  • Added Hook.AutoDrink so modders can disable automatic drinking.
  • Added coop PVP.  Pressing the multiplayer "Toggle Safety" key toggles coop PVP.

Build 31.12

• Added translations for most of "House In The Woods 2" challenge.
  • Fixed "Trousers" not being translated in character creation.
  • Fixed exception with shirtless Last Stand players.
  • Added server commandline option "-port" which overrides the .ini option "DefaultPort". (Issue #001578)
  • Fixed NullPointException when opening doors when there was no square on the other side.
  • Fixed map corruption in multiplayer caused by reading + writing the same file from different threads. (Issue #001486)

Build 31.13

• Fixed "House in the Woods 2" font glitch with some languages.
  • Sledgehammer destroys entire staircases instead of one tile at a time.
  • Disallow destroying the floor tile at the top of a staircase.  The floor tile will get destroyed if the stairs are destroyed and the floor tile is not adjacent to other floor tiles.
  • Added translation for "Are you sure you want to delete that player?" in Challenges.
  • Client deletes chunk files it has that the server does not have, this prevents loading obsolete chunk files.
  • The player is moved down to solid floor when joining a server if the thing they were standing on was destroyed while they were logged out.
  • Server performance fix: server creates zip files to send to clients off the main thread.
  • Fixed "Lighting updates" option not selecting the 45 or 60 values after loading. (Issue #001582)
  • /grantadmin and /banuser give more informative message when the user is not in the whitelist. (Issue #001579)
  • Automatically climb down a sheetrope if there is no floor to stand on at the top.
  • Fixed water tiles running out of water.
  • Fixed drinking directly from a tainted-water tile not increasing food poisoning.
  • Fixed being able to sledgehammer sheetropes.
  • Fixed exception with the chat window if the mouse button was never clicked.
  • Fixed equipped flashlight not being unequipped when building Lamp on Pillar. (Issue #001588)
  • Fixed food sometimes not rotting in multiplayer.
  • Made /teleport multiplayer admin command faster.
  • Fixed multiplayer map corruption caused by a static variable being used from different threads. (Issue #001486)
  • Limit the number of blood splats saved.  The client limits the number of splats when rendering, but the server never did.

• Limit the number of blood splats saved.  The client limits the number of splats when rendering, but the server never did.

Will this reduce the server lag after hundreds of zombies have been killed? :???:

If not please help me understand this.

Just a smal question, I startet new today and wnted to know if it´s right that my avatar only get´s one or two points in carpentry, even when read the skill books. Also is it intended that Wall can only be build at lvl 3 ? Looks like a lot of grinding and that´s a thing I don´t like in games...

Just a smal question, I startet new today and wnted to know if it´s right that my avatar only get´s one or two points in carpentry, even when read the skill books. Also is it intended that Wall can only be build at lvl 3 ? Looks like a lot of grinding and that´s a thing I don´t like in games...

You do not gain skill points from reading skill books.  Skill books multiple the rate at which you gain experience in that skill at the levels covered by the skill book.

You can build a log wall right away, plus you can board up windows.  Then you can start building things like floors at the next point of carpentry.  Plank walls are do require some skill gain.

If you are going to be playing a solo game and want to be doing all your own building, you want to take a profession or hobby that gives you at least a +1 in Carpentry to start anyway because otherwise you end up with a penalty to skill gain.  The chart was posted here on the forums somewhere.  It's also on the wiki.

You do not gain skill points from reading skill books.  Skill books multiple the rate at which you gain experience in that skill at the levels covered by the skill book.

I knew the thing with the multiplier from the skillbooks, on the first book I got +3. My avatar has no proffession or hobby - if I calculate right I have to cut down 75 trees and saw 150 logs of wood (seems that barricading windows gains me no points at all) to advance to carpentry lvl2. So to go to lvl 3 I need 450 (225 Trees - 550 logs) point if I´m right and so on that can´t be right or am I doing something wrong beside choseing the wrong skills for single player ? Didn´t thought it is intendet to allways choose carpentry skills ....

The barricading windows may be generating a fraction of a point.  In doing some testing on my mod, I realized that with certain recipes I would gain a skill point only every X number of creations.  I have not looked up the specific code about barricading, but if for example it were giving only 1 skill point per board and you were running at a 50% gain due to to not having any starting Carpentry, you'd gain 1 point every other board you attach to a window.  (Or every third or fourth or whatever it is.)

Pretty sure theres a bug with getting only 1xp and 1 point on the skill progression bar, regardless of modifier. This is true for all skills. Example: My dude's got a broken leg so I'm doing nothing else but cook, eat and sleep. Been doing this for over a week now with a 5x multiplier. Skill and xp gain is always 1 point and 1 point only.