Rotate stairs in every direction

Jack Bower

I could see this being a restriction of the engine, but I hope not. This is something I would like to see as well.

A restriction due to the perspective, if I'm not mistaken. You would have difficulty / couldn't see them in certain orientations? Been a while since this was brought up, though.

That's about what I was figuring. I can't see how the engine would limit this, but I could see the isometric view making it hard to incorporate.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

You sure? image054.gif Stairs.png I don't think it's impossible due to the perspective at all. I know the first picture might be leaning a bit to the side, but still, the only reason I would think they hadn't put them in is because there is no physics in the game, so when walking on the stairs we have right now, it looks somewhat okay, but changing the direction could make it look a bit weird, since they would need to "hide" the feet a bit, they don't need on the other stairs :P

But didn't they make the persons and some of the objects in 3d max? because then they could render it a lot easier, having a 3d object and the person to work with :9

Here's some other pictures that might give an idea of the view the stairs would look like from different views kinda, it's def' not impossible to make them that way due to the perspective ;P 

3_04_gold_adt_14.gif 19626_Stair_-_Special.jpg

And even if PZ was more to the side, it still wouldn't be completely impossible:

rsz_211.png

Edited by Liva98989

I'm honestly having a hard time wrapping my mind around not being able to create a stair-type object that faces other directions. If the visibility cut is the issue, then a highlighted base floor texture could mark out the placement of the stairs [While explaining why there's suddenly a wall in the middle of the room.] 

Still, this isn't really a huge deal to me. I don't build many stairs... [Which raises a host of questions regarding the whys and hows of our constructions, no?]