Food Expiration Date

abreu20011

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/27/2016 at 2:28 PM, MXXIV said:

Sucks that you need a trait for that, which means I can't use in eisting game...

I know that's a necroposting of sorts, but I have tweaked the mod a bit to my liking, and now it has a switch (in the lua file though) that allows to bypass the check for enabled trait so you can make use of it without starting a new game. Just set the variable this way in ExpirationFood\media\lua\client\tooltip.lua:

-- settings block (changable) --
local need_trait = false;
local display_seconds = true;

I have also changed format of the output and made it more visually nice (at least I think so) with regard to margins and automatic sizes. Another change is that the bar now actually displays fractions instead of set levels, and coloring and detection with a trait now takes 'getDaysFresh' in consideration too. Without a trait you get just the general idea like it was previously. Oh, and I have removed additional information about food being 'rotten': you see that in red in the tip header already.

I have nowhere to upload this and I don't even know how to do it, but if anyone is interested in trying it, I attach it to the post. I think it's pretty much stable, though some deeper rework than mine might be needed. It already feels like I have rewritten it more or less...

I hope abreu20011 won't be mad at me, I have kept the original author in the source just in case.

If changing others' mods violates TOS or anything else, I will remove my version.

ExpirationFood-1.3.1-r0.1.zip

Edited by rez

• 5 months later...