How To Install / Uninstall Mods

RoboMat

• 4 weeks later...

I've done as the instructions say and they still won't show up in the Mods Menu.

Nope, you haven´t. As the first post explains in the windows section you have to put the mods in "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Zomboid\mods" not in your Steam-folder!

Well don't I feel dumb. That's what I get for trying to install mods while sleep deprived in the middle of the night. Lesson learned!

Thanks Doc!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having difficulty getting mods to show up in the modloader now in build 28.

The game does not create any kind of zomboid\mods folders in the c:\users\username so I've created the folders manually. Dropping the mod folders into there doesn't get them to show up in the in-game list. Dropping the mod folders into the old ...steamapps\common\Projectzomboid\mods folder doesn't work either.

Is there some place to put them or way to get them to show up that I'm missing. I've tried following the instructions in the first post to no success.

I'm trying to install CCCP and CraftHelper, both of which have mod.info files.

Is the username\Zomboid folder supposed to be created by the program or is it normal that I had to create it manually?

username\Zomboid is supposed to be created by the game. In fact, that's where all of your save files/settings/etc are stored so if you have to create it then you're probably looking in the wrong place. A working explorer link for it should be %USERPROFILE%\Zomboid which for example on my system resolves to C:\Users\Brian\Zomboid

I believe username\Zomboid\mods has to be manually created.

• 3 weeks later...

I've done as the instructions say and they still won't show up in the Mods Menu.

Nope, you haven´t. As the first post explains in the windows section you have to put the mods in "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Zomboid\mods" not in your Steam-folder!

Now i failed to install mods since yesterday and just now i found out that this is the problem. I think its just plain stupid. I dont want the files to be there, just freaking use the PZ Folder already??!?!?! 

Love you! I hadn't been able to get any mods working until I read your post, thank you very much

Hey there,

Is there a current list anywhere of mods that do work with build 28? I'm working with steam and I'm also having trouble with getting mods to work with this system.

ps. one solution might be that when you unpack a mod, you must unpack the right folder. One mistake I made was that while unpacked It created an "extra" folder that contained the actual mod folder. With no mods showing up as a result.

username/zomboid/mod/NCYawMOD/NCYawMOD And the fatprinted folder was the culprit.

Fairly certain my Mint In Box Mod works fine. I havnt tested but my perusal of 29.2 files don't suggest any conflicts. In fact, I doubt any current mod would have a conflict with MIBMod as the mod doesn't touch item distribution at all. The design intention was to not fundamentally alter gameplay at all - just add a fun collecting mechanic. You should be able to enable MIBMod with any other mod.

• 3 weeks later...
Installing mods on a linux computer

Firstly, apply the following hotfix if the developer does not do it alone.

Then, in your home directory, create a directory "Zomboid", and in the subfolder "mods".

mkdir -p ~/Zomboid/mods

There, place the mods directory.

This solution will work also for linux server. If you run client and server in same machine, this directory will be shared.

[edit]Fixing mod loader

This will remove the error thrown when trying to retrieve values ​​from a empty table.

File: media/lua/client/OptionScreens/ModSelector.lua

function ModSelector:drawSelectedItems(items)  local tex = items[self.listbox.selected].item:getTexture()  local left = self.urlButton:getX()  local top = self.listbox:getY()  local alpha = 1  if tex == getTexture('white') then alpha = 0.1 end  self:drawTextureScaledAspect(tex, left, top, self:getWidth() - 16 - left, self.urlButton:getY() - 8 - top, alpha, 1, 1, 1);endfunction ModSelector:prerender()  ISPanel.prerender(self);  local items = self.listbox.items  if self.listbox.selected ~= -1 and #items > 0 then    self:drawSelectedItems(items)  end  self:drawTextCentre("SELECT MODS", self.width / 2, 10, 1, 1, 1, 1, UIFont.Large);  self:drawText("Double click to toggle. Put your mods in " .. Core.getMyDocumentFolder() .. getFileSeparator() .. "mods" .. getFileSeparator() .. ")", 16, self:getHeight() - 24, 1, 1, 1, 1, UIFont.Small);end
[edit]Enabling mod on linux server
  1. Run server first time. You will be ask for admin password and confirmation.
  1. Stop server and go to $HOME/Server/
  1. Edit servertest.init, in `Mods=` specify a list of mods that you want to use a comma-separated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I did this exactly how you said, but none of the 8 mods I have show up. Help please?

place them inside this folder under the local disk:

C:\Users\UserName\Zomboid\mods

some mods require you to place them in both steamapps/common/projectzomboid/mods folder and the one above.

And if you can't find any in the mod folder still within the mod directory under your username, add a file called loaded.txt and type in the names of the mods as they are identified in the mod.info files.

Also, Keyboardassassin, is that Corey Taylor in your avatar? :D

I did this exactly how you said, but none of the 8 mods I have show up. Help please?

some mods require you to place them in both steamapps/common/projectzomboid/mods folder and the one above.

And if you can't find any in the mod folder still within the mod directory under your username, add a file called loaded.txt and type in the names of the mods as they are identified in the mod.info files.

Yes sir :) finally somebody gets it haha

We are the only pulses of the maggots here apparently :P.

We are the only pulses of the maggots here apparently :P.

Haha yes,yes we are. And the fact is i'm happy being one of the only pulses here.Makes us unique now doesn't it?

• 1 month later...

Hello, I am attempting to play with multiple map additions (New Denver, Bedford Falls, and Dreadwood), however after downloading them to username/Zomboid/mods I cannot view the mods in the mod loading screen or reach these locations in game. Is this a compatibility issue a midst the mods or did I download then extract the files to an incorrect directory?

Hello, I am attempting to play with multiple map additions (New Denver, Bedford Falls, and Dreadwood), however after downloading them to username/Zomboid/mods I cannot view the mods in the mod loading screen or reach these locations in game. Is this a compatibility issue a midst the mods or did I download then extract the files to an incorrect directory?

Maps are not mods.  Two different things which are installed two different ways.

Each map will tell you where to copy and pate its files so that they are then part of the main Project Zomboid map.  Once the files are copied in place, load up the game and start normally.  When you get to the map selection screen, you may have new choices for your starting map.  (I know that New Denver does this.)  Otherwise, you just start in one of the normal Project Zomboid maps and walk over to where the new map is located.  (The Project Zomboid Map Project is very helpful there because it can overlay a player-made map on the official map.)