I Cracked The Late Game!

Daman453

Ok You know how everyone wants zombies to attack your base right? Well all that base building would attract a lot of zombies after a while. My idea is that boarding up windows increases a invisible bar that turns green, 1-2 zombies will take a look, maybe even knock there heads around, if the bar turns yellow, maybe a 10 zombie hoard comes by, by this time you should have built a wall right? Then if you make more stuff, you get into the red, a zone of zombies comes and attacks. Waiting in game days will decrease the bar. And maybe ingame you can get a skill that shows the bar? That means that players that have a good base up can build a bunch of chairs and stuff and trigger attacks

I'm of the opinion that the 'true to life' way the zombies act now is pretty much how a 'true to life' game like this should do things not scripting attacks etc. Yep obviously I wanna cower down in my base whilst zombies try to break in but I believe that once the NPC's bed in, they will drag zombies around after them and we will get the hoards we desire.

I've been spanking the zombie genre on kindle and must be up to 30+ books read, in a lot of these the 'Raiders' drag a hoard to attack the bases of the good guys, maybe a tactic for evil raider NPC's.

I'm well up for the NPC's. Wonder if were friendly when we can get them to do stuff for us, possible difficult to program??? How about how State of Decay does it, if you are friendly enough with an NPC then you can switch over to that character then switch to yourself as an when you need them to do something. I'm sure the devs can come up with a good system but whilst I'm mulling it through, it seems a tough one. That's two or three topics in one post!!