Vehicle attachments (when they are added...)

Spracky

So I was thinking... How cool would it be when vehicles are added to be able to have full customization of them? It could be as simple as aquiring barbed wire, right clicking the vehicle, mouse over an "add >" tab, and select what you want to add to the vehicle. You then add your barbed wire (or whatever you have) to the bumper, which tears zombies up more when you hit them. Maybe you get your hands on some sheet metal and add it to the side windows. Painting with spray cans would be cool also, add skulls all over your pink truck :D

Some kind of ''snowplow'' or heavy duty bumber upgrade or even a spiked one would be cool too.

On the practical side, a winch would be usefull to tow stuff in a quickish fashion (no need to load or unload to leave your stuff on the ground).  The noise would be pretty awful though.

a snowplow with spikes sounds cool.......

but the reality is that the zombie would still be "alive", just stuck to the spikes in the plow.

meaning you have to go pry the zombie off the spike and risk getting bit or scratched.

Sounds great! I'm getting visions of Beyond ThunderDome right now. Modifications like barb wire, spiked bumpers, snowplows, and tow hitches would be awesome. It would be cool if we could use them like tents, you could sleep in the back seat, but it wouldn't be very comfortable and you would be visible the whole time. 

I think basic vehicles should be pretty delicate. I hit a small deer (maybe 80 pounds) at about 30 mph a few years back and it totaled the front-end of my car. Running down hordes of zombies is not a great idea in an unmodified modern vehicle. They are all essentially made of plastic now, and the crumple zones they add for safety pretty much guarantee your car will be trashed if you hit something. Not to mention airbags going off, if you've never experienced it first-hand it is an incredibly jarring experience. 

Once vehicles are in it would be cool to add a bunch of wrecked cars to the roads. They could be looted for supplies and parts, and gas tanks could be siphoned. Some could even be alarmed or still have an "occupant" inside. We should still be able to get around them for the most part, but they would add some difficulty to navigating the roads and a good chance to wreck your car if your not careful. 

I think basic vehicles should be pretty delicate. I hit a small deer (maybe 80 pounds) at about 30 mph a few years back and it totaled the front-end of my car. Running down hordes of zombies is not a great idea in an unmodified modern vehicle. They are all essentially made of plastic now, and the crumple zones they add for safety pretty much guarantee your car will be trashed if you hit something. Not to mention airbags going off, if you've never experienced it first-hand it is an incredibly jarring experience. 

Zombie apocalypse to do list:

1: Remove all safety devices from car.

2: Add train style cow catcher to my car.

3: Realize I should have an RV and buy one.

4: Move all upgrades from other car to RV.

5: Remove all safety features from RV.

I would also like to see possibly a make shift ( Idk how to word it so forgive me) turret to the back. The mount with a gun so in multiplayer you could take a gun on a swivel and shoot them with less recoil and a bit of protection. In single player its a bit of an unneeded feature but it would still be cool. I also would like to see these other attachments.

• A siren - used to attract zombies by sound and light. It could be found on police cars but be made by other means possibly.
  • A camper attachment - Something that can be pulled along with a beg, a simple stove and fridge, as well as a tiny TV or radio.
  • A type of explosive stuck to the front - in a story i read they drove up and blew up C4 near zombies clearing a small horde.
  • A type of hitch for more attachments that are being pulled along.

That is all for now.

• 5 months later...

(Edit : this was suposed to be a quote on King jjwpenguin good post, my bad)

I already adressed the Hitch (winch) in my earlier post, but I like how you put it. (edit : they may not be the same... one allows to hook upgrade to (M. King jjwpenguin) and the other to drag stuff up)

The other ideas are nice, but I believe that liveable vehicule is a no go.  As for tying explosives, deathwish whithstanting, it could be a very efficient way to deliver oblivion upon hordes of zombie.

As for "siren", even tough your suggestion is still valid, part of it has been put in the noisemaker. (thus confirming your idea on that spot was indeed a major concern, and look at that, you put it in 1rst... or 2nd according to the post).

All in all, solid reply of yours (considering it's been posted some 5 months ago, re siren)  :)

Extra : As for the plow   (main thread),    such accessories already exist, pick-up owner sometimes outfit theirs with it    (altough usually with dead weight such as sandbag in the rear to help with inertia)    ...   and heavier stuff exist for heavier truck (the motor of such being enough as deadweight for now)     ...   now would one be able to outfit one such as these (either pick-up or heavier version) on a lower vehicule? and what would be the efficiency (one would have to consider the weigth of vehicule ...   including dead weight  vs  plow  vs  plowed)?

P.S.: sorry for the grammar/synthax... English is a second language of mine, french being primary.