Kaizokuroof's Buildings and things
1 1

18 posts in this topic

Hello :)

I'm working on a map of my home town, I've made a few personalized houses, that I won't be sharing of my own house and my friends, but for the most part houses are generic.

It's a highly suburban map, I wanted to recreate the apocalypse in my home town, but I'm not a hoarding scum bag and I'm happy for anyone to use my buildings if they feel worthy, so long as credit is given where due.

At the moment I'm working with what is on the default editor, however, later I plan on customising it a little more for specific locations which will involve some spriting.

I plan on having 50 or so types of houses, for each direction: North, South, East and West, so about 200 generic houses or more, depending on how it goes =)

Anywho it's all well and good to have my lofty goals, below are the files I've been working on and will be using. 

You can find my WIP map here: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/13947-giralang-a-map-loosely-based-off-of-my-home-town-suburb/

DISCLAIMER:
I am new to mapping so it may not be up to scratch with what you expect, more specifically the roofing - so tips to improve and suggestions are really welcome.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generic houses - Furnished (without outside details)

Southern Main entrance:

Whiox4W.png

45RwDt6.png

YkmeS6j.png

VYExdeX.png

oXIr7r7.png

19A4meX.png

I should also add this little guy:

[url=http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/2530-mod-permissions/#entry36476]MODS_01.png

Credit is always nice of course, but I'd rather you not have to worry ^^ This applies to ALL the buildings I throw up in this thread =)

Housespack1.zip

Made some more buildings today, the first lot are okay, but I think I need practice before I start accepting them for my map. Saving post for image limit reasons.

EDIT:

Update, screens of all houses I've made - Coming along steadily. I've made an album for this lot and posted them all tiled mode. Some need a few detailed touchups, but looking nice so far I think.

Also attempted a two story house ^^

Album link: http://imgur.com/a/QA8Bq

So it's been quite a while since I posted any screenshots or new buildings. I'm pretty confident with small 1 or 2 story houses, but when it comes to commercial or business I'm pretty scared at tackling them, mostly because of the time I need to invest getting it right. I'm looking for tips and such so if you see something that screams awful, let me know.

Today I spent an hour or two working on an office building of sorts, something like a paper company - something boring and mundane. I'm happy enough for the amount of time I invested, but I want tips!

First level:
1f6dce57e2.jpg

Second level:
1a5777251d.jpg

Third level:
7cecf3ccd8.jpg
Roof access:
2d93c9ba01.jpg

Some things I personally think I could work on:

- Uniform windows; the windows are all out of alignment, I'm not sure if this is actually a bad thing but I think it detracts from the outside appearance of the building and ruins the immersion that it's a "Real" office?

EDIT: attached tbx files of multi story and another semi attempt.

office_test.zip

Continued work on my appartment complex - It takes a whole lot of time to furnish the damn thing, which I do as I go. Build a floor, furnish it, move onto the next level.

I'm think it'll be 6 stories high, although I'd like to make it higher but I'm not sure how big a building can be/limitations of the engine.

I tried to make each apartment unique, by rearranging most of the furniture and using different textures for each.

First level:

8cdb0b11ca.jpg

Second level:

6307daf3a9.jpg

I've uploaded the WIP files incase anyone sees a new way to approach it/change it.

Cheers,

kaizokuroof.

​​

ApartmentComplex_Practic2lvls.zip

Have started work on more Aparments and office buildings.

2b11482a78.jpgTo

Touched up the old office building and added grime/graffiti, also made windows uniform.

5b21693578.jpgfd729daa7a.jpga72cb629eb.jpgd45cd00ac2.jpgdca527d082.jpgdcb9772e9a.jpg

I do plan on changing the outside wall, but for now I mostly use the same texture.

You should make less window panes on shops, since it doesn't look very "fitting" and it's weak against zombies. You should also add cash registers and if possible some floor/wall decoration on the inside and outside.

You should make less window panes on shops, since it doesn't look very "fitting" and it's weak against zombies. You should also add cash registers and if possible some floor/wall decoration on the inside and outside.

Thanks for your feedback. I wasn't aware of a cash register, I didn't know it was in the tileset haha, thanks!!

I touched up the original general store:

8393e9dab5.jpg

also:

1c8900c744.jpg

Also created a new one, inspired by the first, however, kept all iterations.

47ea5191fd.jpg

GeneralStores_1_1v2_2.zip

Hello, I have taken the time to give some details to the apartment complex, fix the problem at the stairs and that having a ladder above the other there is a bug, add some details on the entrance doors and some missing , finally add some details on the roof to give more life and a reason to rise so high.

Here I share the link building, good job and still so very good to see new buildings in these forums.

https://mega.nz/#!bcRjWaBb!aZ8JVM2-83n91JHwvepCLhV5GD04-jiHHI37c5t2bk8

3.png1.png2.png