Titles by your name [minor suggestion]

RichCoconut

I think having a title by your name would be pretty neat and could change the dynamic if RP's and multiplayer in general ranging from creating groups to being more unique.

/settitle text here would be the command.

So your name would be for example if you typed:

/settitle West Point Survivalist 

your name would be displayed as: MyName [West Point Survivalist]

pretty simple, but effective.

given the length of some peoples names, adding something like this would expand their name to be 3 or 4 inches long on the screen, which may impact the ability to see a zombie or two hidden underneath the letters.... not to mention the stuff some "childish" people would choose to put in that space.

given the length of some peoples names, adding something like this would expand their name to be 3 or 4 inches long on the screen, which may impact the ability to see a zombie or two hidden underneath the letters.... not to mention the stuff some "childish" people would choose to put in that space.

Well, it could be a checker for offensive things and titles, and it can just end up being displayed under the name instead of beside it.

given the length of some peoples names, adding something like this would expand their name to be 3 or 4 inches long on the screen, which may impact the ability to see a zombie or two hidden underneath the letters....

Inverse relationship between number of characters and size of font used? (clyde)

given the length of some peoples names, adding something like this would expand their name to be 3 or 4 inches long on the screen, which may impact the ability to see a zombie or two hidden underneath the letters....

Inverse relationship between number of characters and size of font used? (clyde)

always a possibility. i am going off the current font at whatever is the default setting, which i'm quite sure most people never think to fiddle with.

Same font or in italic. Max characters to help avoid people abusing it too much or bypassing a checker: 10 or 12. The idea is to be able to utilize it to help define your character better - least one of the reasons.

So it would look like this:

RichCoconut [Doctor

If I were to choose a default title, it would be the players profession. You can also change your title to nothing by simply typing nothing when setting the title I just thought of as well. :)

I agree with the length part, although it would be a disadvantage also for the player with a too long name, makes sneaking from other players more difficult as the name is more noticeable.

As for the ''childish'' concern, i agree with your concern.  But isn't it already the case with names?

To further the suggestion, it could be required to be approved by the server admins, thus renforcing the RP element.

I agree with the length part, although it would be a disadvantage also for the player with a too long name, makes sneaking from other players more difficult as the name is more noticeable.

As for the ''childish'' concern, i agree with your concern.  But isn't it already the case with names?

To further the suggestion, it could be required to be approved by the server admins, thus renforcing the RP element.

Yes! It can be approved by an admin or an admin can have the server settings where it doesn't require approval.