How to convert your mods to 2.9.9.17

RoboMat

These instructions are outdated, please refer to the new updated thread by RJ:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/2011-how-to-use-the-upcoming-modloader/

So with the new modloader we need to change our mods a little bit.

First of all you'll need to create a mod.info file:

name=The name of your modposter=posterToDisplay.pngdescription=This will be shown as a description, by RoboMat.

When packing your mod I suggest the following structure (I'll use my Lockpicking mod as an example):

- /Lockpicking (top folder)---> mod.info---> poster.png---> /media-------> /lua-------> /scripts-------> ...

The poster.png (use any name you like of course) will be displayed in the mods section. I use 650x810 sized poster images at the moment. If everything works it should look like this in the game:

modOptionsExample.png

Is the modloader picking up the scripts directory in some new way?  None of my items are being loaded, which in turn causes a bunch of null pointers in the code (anything with an item check or Add Item)

Not that I know of ... I haven't updated my mods which use items yet. Will try and report back.

I can conferm the item-error. Forwarded it to the devs.

I can't test the Steam version yet.. Have to wait for Desura release..

One question, RoboMat? How do you package your mods for macs? Because it has some special encoding or something.. So do my mods work on macs without the encoding?

I never had any problems with any project zomboid mods on mac ;)

Hellow modders from all other the worldz,

Just dropped by to ask if anyone has any insight on how this is gonna be internationalized/able ?

By 'this' i mean the name/description in particular (any string variable declared in the .info meta file really).

I'm a priori less worried about the mods content (labels, dialogs and whatnot) since i guess the translations should go into the lua/Translate folder and be loaded after the freshly implemented translation fashion.

Hellow modders from all other the worldz,

Just dropped by to ask if anyone has any insight on how this is gonna be internationalized/able ?

By 'this' i mean the name/description in particular (any string variable declared in the .info meta file really).

I'm a priori less worried about the mods content (labels, dialogs and whatnot) since i guess the translations should go into the lua/Translate folder and be loaded after the freshly implemented translation fashion.

I am not sure but in my mods I will have diffrent languges when I get closer to finishing it

I'm a total newbie and I have no idea how to do this.. I only want the lockpicking mod.. can you re upload the mod so that it works without have to do the text.info file on your own?

Hey man, thanks for your interest. The Lockpicking Mod doesn't work with 2.9.9.17 because some of the source code was changed, which eventually broke my mod. I will fix it as soon as I can though ;)

• 1 month later...

How would i go about a mod that goes into media\lua and also into mods\scripts..

is this the right stucture? Im not sure if mod loader just drops it into the Project Zomboid directory.

Structure:

/mod name (top folder)
---> mod.info
---> poster.png

---> /mods

-------> /scripts
---> /media
-------> /lua
-------> ...

How would i go about a mod that goes into media\lua and also into mods\scripts..

is this the right stucture? Im not sure if mod loader just drops it into the Project Zomboid directory.

Structure:

/mod name (top folder)

---> mod.info

---> poster.png

---> /mods

-------> /scripts

---> /media

-------> /lua

-------> ...

Nope /scripts should be in media too. Please refer to the more updated instructions by RJ:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/2011-how-to-use-the-upcoming-modloader/

Also old mods probably won't work with new versions of the game (at least without fixing some stuff) - just a heads up ;)

Structure:

/mod name (top folder)

---> mod.info

---> poster.png

---> /mods

-------> /scripts

---> /media

-------> /lua

-------> ...

Nope /scripts should be in media too. Please refer to the more updated instructions by RJ:

Also old mods probably won't work with new versions of the game (at least without fixing some stuff) - just a heads up ;)

thanks, but im not to sure then lol

the mod instructions are

1. Place GunModinside projectzomboid/media/lua

2. Place Gun_Items insdie projectzomboid/mods/scripts

3. HAVE FUN!

so i wasn't sure, but the mod is GunMod 0.2.0 which worked for the last version (.16) i can't seem to locate it on here to see update or not.

Any news on this? I am trying to make a Bug Out Bag mod to no avail. The game wont load my custom items or textures (if it wont load the items then I can't tell if it is loading my textures).

Any news on this? I am trying to make a Bug Out Bag mod to no avail. The game wont load my custom items or textures (if it wont load the items then I can't tell if it is loading my textures).

It is fixed for the upcoming release. You can still move all your files into the source folders to test your stuff (and no it won't be loading your textures correctly as that is also only fixed for the upcoming version ;)).