Chatbox Error

Koregan

Question

I hope that my topic is correct here.

I am testing my mod on our RP-server, the mod itself is working, but directly after connecting to the game (when the character and the world appears on screen) i get the following message in my console output:

-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------Callframe at: setVisiblefunction: setVisible -- file: ISUIElement.lua line # 474function: setDrawFrame -- file: ISCollapsableWindow.lua line # 305function: prerender -- file: ISChat.lua line # 77java.lang.IllegalArgumentException	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor286.invoke(Unknown Source)	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)	at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.caller.MethodCaller.call(MethodCaller.java:61)	at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.LuaJavaInvoker.call(LuaJavaInvoker.java:199)	at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.LuaJavaInvoker.call(LuaJavaInvoker.java:189)	at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.callJava(KahluaThread.java:181)	at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:981)	at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:162)	at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1722)	at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcallvoid(KahluaThread.java:1682)	at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcallvoid(LuaCaller.java:38)	at zombie.ui.UIElement.render(UIElement.java:1121)	at zombie.ui.UIManager.render(UIManager.java:616)	at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.renderframeui(IngameState.java:747)	at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.render(IngameState.java:854)	at zombie.gameStates.GameStateMachine.render(GameStateMachine.java:37)	at zombie.GameWindow.render(GameWindow.java:671)	at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1158)	at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:977)	at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:162)	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)	at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)	at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)

The error is in loop, until you put your mouse-cursor over the global chatbox.

Then the error-loop stops, but as soon as you move the cursor away from the chatbox, the loop continues.

You can stop the whole error-loop when you click once in the global chatbox.

Then you can move the mouse away, and there is no error again (but i did not test if it comes back after a longer time in game).

This error only appers when i included my own lua-files.

But my files do not overwrite any ingame functions and do not include any windows so far.

(A possible way would eventually be to let my mod emulate a click into the chatbox, so the error gets stopped. But i would prefere avoiding the error instead of just klicking it away...)

I would be glad to get some feedback what i could try to avoid these errors.

But because the error is related to the chatbox, i don't know how to go on.

3 answers to this question

I have just seen that the bugfix is included in the build 31.13:

Fixed exception with the chat window if the mouse button was never clicked.

That's why I have to say thanks to you devs, especially to EasyPickins.

(I think it is not normal to get such a great support.

Not even a week after posting a bug which probably did not appear without the mods - a fix was programmed and included in the actual build.)

==> YOU ARE AWSOME!!! :D :D :D

It looks like this is related to a change in ISChat.lua at line 75 assigning "local mouseOver = ..."

'mouseOver' is being assigned 'nil' instead of 'false'.

I am only able to reproduce this bug by waiting the whole 33 seconds until the "This is how you died" text goes away.

As long as I click the left mouse button to continue before that, this error doesn't happen.

That's because both "self.moreinfo.resizeWidget.resizing" and "self.moreinfo.resizeWidget2.resizing" get set to 'false' instead of 'nil', but only if you click the left mouse button.

I'll put a fix to make sure 'mouseOver' gets set to false if all the other variables are 'nil'.

Archived