Endgame activity

Sliderpro

Thing is, when you play singleplayer, after some time - not much things are left to do. After maxing several skills, building your house and farming maybe, collecting ALL THE THINGS IN THE WORLD, you are pretty much, left with nothing to do. It is fairy easy to just live like this for ages. 

Actually, I didn't come up with anything (except falling from ladders for fun).

So.. maybe cannig food for future? Drying food? Digging maybe? (Hi, minecraft) - btw I think it could be fun do add another "dimension", map cell for underground, where sewers are and where you can DIG your shelter fallout-type. Maybe some metal-working? Maybe creating medicines for future, like naturally-based painkillers, vitamins? Hunting living animals, like birds, deers, bears? (don't shout it could be laggy, we have conquered even the erosion mod, can do this too :P) Maybe some science? Religion? 

Underline preferences  :-D

I know, but cmon , we have to suggest stuff

We're on the same boat.

I done everything you said on your OP and I stopped playing for couple of month now. Been tinkering on my 3DS .

I too wish to see some endgame ideas. I'm looking foward to the new npc and new vehicles (my favorite is the skateboard since I get to build and customizeit) but nothing beat having a car.

For my end game, I want migrating zombies. Their most important role is to destroy EVERY thing you have hoard up and they'll break up your defense. It will happen in 2 phases.  The first phase is a weak zombie raid (20+) zombies attack your base upon hearing a loud sound.

Second phase happen when the system detect you hoard up x amount of supplies + living comfortably. You'll be attack when you fall asleep and the hoard will come in the number of (66+). They'll focus fire on destorying everything, this including supply crates, water barrel, plants, med etc.

The reason for the raid is to force you to be on the constant run. You'll also have a 50% of dropping half of your supplies on your backpack if you try to resist. There is a high chance to trigger the trip and fall when you attempt to use a sheet rope. So to prevent your base getting overrun, you need a really strong defense. They hunger.

The other thing I want is to see a few fancy killing blow animations.

Yeah.. It's been suggested before, don't know what now, but yeah, I too think that zombies should kinda look for you maybe not ALL of them, but some random zombie waves should be born. Aaand they would move from far avay to your house location. Maybe this should be adjustable, like with HOW MANY WAVES PER MONTH setting. Something like that. I d love that and I d like to see it in the game

The above suggestions are a little TOO static for my liking, but hordes and home attacks need to wiggle into the game in one way or another. I would bet money (and I don't gamble) that the devs are already working on it along with NPCs and vehicles. There is just too much demand from the community to ignore it, and I can't imagine hordes weren't a part of the original vision of the game.

Guys remember there is this thing called "Sadistic AI director" which will be added eventually and is currently being worked on, if Im not misstaken some of its features will be amongst many others, zombie hordes that will migrate towards your safehouse if you hole up in it for too long, NPC looters (actual human dudes looking to mess your day up), NPC survivors, random events, radios which will trigger different events in the world. So the late game will be covered reasonably afterwards, but as people said eventually you become good at the game and be able to deal with anything and everything, hopefully modding scene will take care of that afterwards.

So remember this game is still in ALPHA, the whole game has to yet even reach the beta stage which in a lot of games is not even considered playable. And this is coming from someone with over 500 hours in the game as of today, most of which have been in single player. If you want a challenge try insane/super zombies with extreme senses with very rare presets across the board...or dive into a few mods there is quite a few of them out there if you look around.

Like KyousukeAzai said. I think NPC's will basically cover late game. Especially if you could rebuild civilization with NPC's. Rebuild stores, start stores and trading outposts, open furniture stores and make furniture to sell, etc.