Rope-and-Can Warning System

Evilwuun

Much as the title suggests, how about the ability to string rope, twine, or thread between two wooden poles and hang objects from it to rattle when a zed passes through?

Things to consider would be whether or not a zombie passing through would snap the line, forcing you to set your warning system back up after it works, as well as how many lengths of twine/rope/thread would be required per tile.

Perhaps an Empty Can item could be added upon consumption of canned goods, usable primarily for this system. Of course you could use the Empty Can also for water storage, but only in miniscule amounts to avoid making water too easy of an issue.

Not sure how this would work as far as programming goes, but there's the idea. Survivors of different zombie apocolypses have been using systems like this throughout zombie lore.

Granted, this wouldn't make a huge difference until migration of zombies is handle in some way other than strictly cell by cell, since at the moment there really aren't zombies wandering into your base after you clear the area. Thoughts?

I could've sworn that this was in the 'Commonly Suggested Suggestions' thread, but apparently not. Despite this, I'm pretty sure this has been suggested before, but I wholeheartedly agree that this should be a feature at some point down the line. :)

I could've sworn that this was in the 'Commonly Suggested Suggestions' thread, but apparently not. Despite this, I'm pretty sure this has been suggested before, but I wholeheartedly agree that this should be a feature at some point down the line. :)

Quite frankly, I'm surprised it wasn't in the CSS thread myself.  I checked first, as I do pretty much every time I suggest (this was my first thread, actually) or comment on an existing thread.  OCD like that, I suppose.  Either way, I can't imagine it hasn't been MENTIONED, I just figured since it's fairly common practice in zed lore, I would bring it up here.

Basically we are talking about Zombie traps here.

This could be as simple as an alarm wire, up to a trip wire or even a lighter the zombie activates to ignite gas or a (forthcoming) molotov cocktail.

+1

It's also a great way to defend yourself against players breaking into your safehouse on MP servers.