Panic attacks.

Kirrus

How can we represent that through gameplay though?

Well, chest pain is pretty obviously reflected by the moodle pain, nauseated by the queasy moodles and such. Shortness of breath and a chocking sensation could make exertion appear faster, sweating and trembling make you interact with objects slower and make you less efficient with weapons.

• sound (I think we have that already)
  • maybe add the "heat" mood? Although you dont actually overheat but it kind of feels like
  • lower accuracy and slower interaction
  • sound and maybe getting exhausted passively (limited to level 1 or 2 exhausted mood)
  • the next 3 maybe add an extra mood... like seizures? Is that what happens when you panic?? :???: Not sure.

Maybe a little blurry view or something to visualise it.

Also decreased mood after the panic attack. Maybe frequant panic attacks could have consequences.

Sounds like utter hell.

I like it.

it IS utter hell. having had a few that were downright scary, had me sitting in the ER waiting for it to either pass or kill me, i have to ask that you do not belittle them or make fun of them.

I don't remever how long ago they had this in the game, but at one point panic led to the player hearing ( seeing outlines behind them) of zombies that aren't there. That made a great deterrent to having panic, because you were constantly second guessing if they zombie behind was real or imaginary

I would feel uncomfortable seeing them in game. But it's a personal preference, considering I spent more than a sleepless night at the ER for that very reason. That said, I think it would be realistic... stress and depression will probably lead to panic attacks and agoraphobia/claustrophobia after months of surviving. Possibly even sooner.

I like this idea. Panic/fear system should be changed. Now it doesn't do anything practically and it doesn't matter for players if character is panicked or not. So anything that make panic a real factor and something you must take in account is good.

To everyone who said that they're hell, they really are. They suck majorly.

Also, I kinda like the idea of them being in the game, even having to play through my char having one, if just to show more people that they're not cuddly, they're not friendly, you can't think your way out of them, they are hell. Plus, it's the fucking zombie apocalypse, I think you've a right to be panicking ;)

On the subject of panic attacks, it's important to note that as far as combat situations go, the body tends to load you up with enough adrenaline to NOT panic until AFTER the encounter. This could make for some interesting, realistic, albeit depressing and downright ugly mental breakdowns back in the safety of your base or holdover.

Addendum: I'd suggest making one of the after-effects of having a panic attack be that your character gets tired. I've always found panic attacks utterly exhausting.

Addendum to the addendum: We sure do seem to have an inordinate number of folks suffering panic attacks around these forums. Quite the jumpy bunch we are. :P