Who Has Been Bitten and Survived

fluffe9911

I've survived in sandbox by constantly disinfecting the wound and using sterile bandages as soon as i get away from or eliminate the zombie(s) that did it. I usually die anyway later, but from other things like accidentally pushing the "use" key while looking  at a second/third/fourth story guide rail or window (trying to reload.) I did nerf the zombies a little (slower and less attentive, because I suck,) but I usually keep the transmission setting on  blood and saliva.

when the Molotovs come back, I'm going to burn down the whole map for shiggles, so I'm probably not going to improve anytime soon :D

My friend get bitten and scratched, he get infected from scratch..

If I may be so bold, how do you know it was the scratch that caused the infection? I'm guessing you saw the "infected" tag on the scratch in the first aid window?  If that's the case, I can tell you that the "infected" tag is not indicative of the zombie virus.  As far as I know, there is no way to tell if you have the zombie virus other than looking out for the symptoms.  It won't show up in your first aid window.

If I may be so bold, how do you know it was the scratch that caused the infection? I'm guessing you saw the "infected" tag on the scratch in the first aid window? If that's the case, I can tell you that the "infected" tag is not indicative of the zombie virus. As far as I know, there is no way to tell if you have the zombie virus other than looking out for the symptoms. It won't show up in your first aid window.
Solanum infection appears on bite/scratch quickly after zed attack. Also your hp is decreasing.

If I may be so bold, how do you know it was the scratch that caused the infection? I'm guessing you saw the "infected" tag on the scratch in the first aid window? If that's the case, I can tell you that the "infected" tag is not indicative of the zombie virus. As far as I know, there is no way to tell if you have the zombie virus other than looking out for the symptoms. It won't show up in your first aid window.
Solanum infection appears on bite/scratch quickly after zed attack. Also your hp is decreasing.

O.o it actually shows up? I must have never stopped to check....my mistake, then! Apologies for the misinformation.

I actually survived two bites. The first time I had already been bitten when it started raining and I got a cold. I think that somehow, that cold overwrote the zombification disease and healed up naturally. The second time... surrounded by zombies, one of them took off a chunk of my lower leg... I managed to lose them amidst the buildings in Muldraugh... found a couple of bottles of disinfectant and used them all on the bite, then bandaged it and ate so much I kept the very well fed moodlet for a week. The bite healed without infecting me, and two days later I died falling from a window. Hehe.

O.o it actually shows up? I must have never stopped to check....my mistake, then! Apologies for the misinformation.

It just says Infection in what seems like a quicker time than a non zombie infected scratch.

The only way to know truly is when it says ZOMBIFIED on the medical screen instead of OK - Slightly Hurt - etc.

And if you've contracted the virus, normally you never hit OK after bandaging/disinfecting.  It'll stay around "Slightly Hurt."

It just says Infection in what seems like a quicker time than a non zombie infected scratch.

The only way to know truly is when it says ZOMBIFIED on the medical screen instead of OK - Slightly Hurt - etc.

And if you've contracted the virus, normally you never hit OK after bandaging/disinfecting. It'll stay around "Slightly Hurt."

Ok, that makes more sense. I felt like I would have noticed an entirely unique "Infected" status by now :P

• 2 weeks later...