What's your most antipated feature for PZ?

Redwood

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NPCs are huge, of course...  But honestly?

I CAN'T WAIT FOR ANIMATIONS!  And vehicles, or just simple hauling help like wheelbarrows.

The animations though.  Because I know (or feel at least) that it will be coming before NPCs.  Hundreds of new ones.  It opens up many possibilities for me.  Being able to sneak against a wall, actual crouching, perhaps sitting in a chair or even relaxing in a bath tub to relieve stress.

Then it makes me fathom physics for the future..  Pushing zombies (or players/NPCs) out of windows...  Watching them cripple over from a well directed hit with a baseball bat or an axe...

Oh the possibilities.

Excuse me while I go drool...

NPCs are huge, of course... But honestly?

I CAN'T WAIT FOR ANIMATIONS! And vehicles, or just simple hauling help like wheelbarrows.

The animations though. Because I know (or feel at least) that it will be coming before NPCs. Hundreds of new ones. It opens up many possibilities for me. Being able to sneak against a wall, actual crouching, perhaps sitting in a chair or even relaxing in a bath tub to relieve stress.

Then it makes me fathom physics for the future.. Pushing zombies (or players/NPCs) out of windows... Watching them cripple over from a well directed hit with a baseball bat or an axe...

Oh the possibilities.

I've got to agree with you there, this will be great. Maybe we'll even see going prone! I'd really like to see the whole game follow the 3D model path (including buildings), but I doubt this will ever happen...

Technically if you went the 3d route, you could have hills, proper physics such as walls crumbling when you hit them with a car or zombies ragdolling backwards when you drill them with a sledgehammer. It's just that I feel TIS doesn have enough funding to do things like this. I honestly don't know if they would go 3D even if they did have the proper funds.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR ANIMATIONS! And vehicles, or just simple hauling help like wheelbarrows.

The animations though. Because I know (or feel at least) that it will be coming before NPCs. Hundreds of new ones. It opens up many possibilities for me. Being able to sneak against a wall, actual crouching, perhaps sitting in a chair or even relaxing in a bath tub to relieve stress.

Then it makes me fathom physics for the future.. Pushing zombies (or players/NPCs) out of windows... Watching them cripple over from a well directed hit with a baseball bat or an axe...

Oh the possibilities.

I've got to agree with you there, this will be great. Maybe we'll even see going prone! I'd really like to see the whole game follow the 3D model path (including buildings), but I doubt this will ever happen...

Technically if you went the 3d route, you could have hills, proper physics such as walls crumbling when you hit them with a car or zombies ragdolling backwards when you drill them with a sledgehammer. It's just that I feel TIS doesn have enough funding to do things like this. I honestly don't know if they would go 3D even if they did have the proper funds.

I have high hopes for it.  I think Zomboid is just that hidden gem.  I know it's a game for a certain demographic, but I think it's only a matter of time before it explodes with popularity.

The way I see it, a lot of people are turned off by the graphics and by the "Early Access."  Since a lot of people have been burned with Early Access, there's been a big decrease in the trust of developers over games within those boundaries.  I do believe the more that they add and the more that they improve the game, the more it will take off with fans.

I've had several people look at it and disregard it for the graphics...  Hell I've had several people disregard it for the graphics, then come back and buy it after watching me play it for a little bit.

In the end, I guess all we can do is hope, right?  :D

Oh the possibilities.

I have high hopes for it.  I think Zomboid is just that hidden gem.  I know it's a game for a certain demographic, but I think it's only a matter of time before it explodes with popularity.

The way I see it, a lot of people are turned off by the graphics and by the "Early Access."  Since a lot of people have been burned with Early Access, there's been a big decrease in the trust of developers over games within those boundaries.  I do believe the more that they add and the more that they improve the game, the more it will take off with fans.

I've had several people look at it and disregard it for the graphics...  Hell I've had several people disregard it for the graphics, then come back and buy it after watching me play it for a little bit.

In the end, I guess all we can do is hope, right?  :D

Same with some of my friends. If PZ went all-out 3D, first person would even be plausible.

But I definately have to agree with you on the whole "early access" things. I've been ripped off so many times with other games, but have never felt that way with PZ.

snip

The funny thing is that if PZ stays in 2D isometric zone it might outlive all other Zombie Survival games that went for 3D. 2D Isometric games age a lot slower and more gracefully than 3D games that tend to look like complete shit 3-4 years after release.

Seriously, look at this screenshot and tell me when the game was released.

VacOd9f.jpg

If you know when it was released, tell me, does it look like shit? Because most games that went 3D back then look like shit nowadays.

If you don't know it's:

Fallout Tactics

Released: 2001

What you see is from a mod of mine I never shared but It's the first thing I could screenshot after turning on the game, all assets are from original game, I didn't mod anything graphics-wise that is visible, chances are it can look better because I might have forgot to turn sprite anti-aliasing on, and it's a JPG so... it looked better in game

If done correctly, 2D is immortal or at least, very long lasting while 3D has a lifespan of 3-4 years, more only if they are absolute killer apps of their time and very usually less. Those who complain about PZ graphics are the same people who will complain about Order 1886 looking like shit in a few years. (If anyone will even remembers that movie in a few years that is)

SNIPPY

SNAP

Svarog - Oh man, I never thought about it like that.  You're right, it will age a lot more gracefully.  Even if it does go full 3D, but with the isometric view, I still think it will outlast a lot of the zombie games on the market right now.

Spracky - I've only been ripped off by a few of them, but I'm still super cautious now.  You get a lot of games making big promises and then falling through.  I also agree, I have *never* felt that way about PZ.  As a matter of fact, it was the first game I found when searching for "survival" games that wasn't just a "survival horror" game like...  Silent Hill or Resident Evil.  I wanted something where I could SURVIVE, that was somewhat realistic...  Something I needed to eat, drink, and sleep.  I found PZ and downloaded the demo..  Not 15 minutes later I was purchasing the game.

I understood the meaning of Love at first sight that day.  Back when I could shoot my wife in the face and push couches in front of windows...  

I'm looking forward to moving furniture around.

Leather sofas being moved into my new rec-room.

Generators to keep the power on.

Bunk beds that I can reproduce... imagine all of the fun you can have.

Oh, and sleeping in multiplayer. My bunkroom must be relevant now.

I myself am cool with leaving the 2d sprites on moving furniture. Plus, redesigning all the furniture in 3d would kinda suck out some of the graphical charm and kill certain players' fps.

But if furniture was 2d, then you would only be able to move the furniture tile to tile I believe... But yes, some people with their potato PC's wouldn't be able to handle it...

Personally, I can't wait until they add me as a npc.  I am pretty sure that is on the confirmed list.

They said you would come after release. I'm required for 1.0 though...

Maybe we are missing an opportunity for a two man bandit encounter.  We could even have a comedic catch-phrase we tell people after robbing them.  We will need everyone in this meeting to brainstorm one-liners.

Frankly this idea is too good to NOT add to PZ.  

I'd say NPCs. There are so many possibilites with them, it will be a whole new game... imagine the drama, the heartwarming AND heartbreaking moments when you help a fellow survivor to fend off a zombie attack and form a friendship that will last until one of you get bitten, and the other must decide whether to let his friend live until he turns or shoot him right on the spot... or when a bandit shoots you in the leg and you spend the last days of your life barricaded inside your safehouse, with zombies banging outside and your food supplies dwindling... finally succumbing to infection, cursing that man and his good aim. That and animations, of course. Can't wait to see my survivor flailing his arms while being devoured. Is flailing one's arms scheduled, isn't it?

I myself am cool with leaving the 2d sprites on moving furniture. Plus, redesigning all the furniture in 3d would kinda suck out some of the graphical charm and kill certain players' fps.

But if furniture was 2d, then you would only be able to move the furniture tile to tile I believe... But yes, some people with their potato PC's wouldn't be able to handle it...

It might end up being like that. Moving furniture was in the game in the 1.5d+ era and simply slid, but wasn't interactable like it is now.

I want attacking hordes so much...

Although I cant wait to try some of the last stand mechanics applied to the sandbox game... I think I've heard it was something in the horizon, or did I dreamed it?

But the problem with that is that most people want some lone zombies, occasional groups and rare hordes. On top of that, all of the zombies shouldn't just go straight for your base, but rather wander around, sometimes forming bigger groups that could be attracted by sound.

Don't get me wrong, it would be great finally being in danger even in your own backyard, but zombies going straight for your base in set intervals might break the immersion.

1. Random zombie hordes of varying density attacking my safe house and roaming the map.
  2. Animations. Sitting, visible backpacks, etc.
  3. Structures that need some sort of support. No more floating bases and catwalks. Every 4-5 tiles needs a wooden pillar or something to support the structure or it will fall down. Players/Zombies/NPCs can destroy these pillars and take the structure down.
  4. A fully interactive world. By this I mean that I want to be able to drive a car through a wall, blow up the gas pumps, knock out a powerline (see #7) and take the power out. Things like that. Throw a propane tank in a fire and watch it go boom :) The ability to move furniture and things like that.
  5. The ability to just sit down anywhere and rest. I don't need a chair.
  6. Vehicles. I don't even care if you can drive them, but the immersion aspect would be a big boost just having them there. Its weird that there are no vehicles anywhere on the map. Lots of roads, driveways, and parking lots all designed for cars, but there aren't any.
  7. Power/Telephone lines. Same issue as #6.
  8. NPCs
  9. A sensible way to extinguish fire.
  10. Sleep in MP
  11. I'd love to be able to burn my trash...
  12. The ability to wear socks!!
  13. Hunting/random animals both docile and aggressive. Deer, cows, pigs, chickens, coyotes, dogs, cats, spiffos, etc!

This was more of brainstorm than a definitive list in a set order.