Armor is a must.

Øathbetrayer

Eh. Realistically a sweat shirt would be more then enough to block bites and scratches alright? Human teeth are flat and our jaws don't have the ability to rip cloth. Fingers nails being fugly or not from whatever aren't going to rip it either.

For the case of ripping our clothes I never quite understood why we could do that without a knife. Even if the clothes were that weak we couldn't actually rip them into usable bandages of 8 lengths in the first place.

So.

No armor, I think Kevlar should be added since I believe police stations have those and it would be useful against players/NPCs but we don't need it doing jack against zombies.

Have you tried to get a shirt ripped to make and improvised bandage in real life? I have and you would be quite surprised on how easy is to make rips of cloth. That only change with the type of fabric you are trying to tear.

The problem is not if we can make rips of cloth or not to create bandages, but the fact that theres not difference between the several types of fabric that exist. Some like the ones used to make sweaters are not suitable to make bandages for example.

I can't say I have gone and ripped my shirt up. My Mother would probably be pissed.

But I do actually question if shirts themselves are suitable as bandages or a way to keep pressure on a wound. I don't see easy to rip shirts as very absorbing.

They are not exactly suitable, but in a pinch you can use them. Most of the time they are useful to keep pressure on wounds.

And yes, they are not that absorbing.

IMO in real life you would not wear hefty body armor every time you left your house, or in general. You all think it's good on pen and paper but then you get to real life and realize you are wearing an extra 10 pounds of clothing in the summer heat.

Armor is uncomfortable and probably not realistic to expect somebody to wear for half of the day, and I couldn't stand my full-body uniforms at some of the places I worked at.

Sure, you would wear it when you knew you would be getting into a close fight, but you also must realize that it gets uncomfortable quickly.

The "armor" people are talking about here is not actual armor, like plate armor or chainmail.

We are talking about clothes that in real life could be used as armor against zombies and NPCs.

IMO in real life you would not wear hefty body armor every time you left your house, or in general. You all think it's good on pen and paper but then you get to real life and realize you are wearing an extra 10 pounds of clothing in the summer heat.

Armor is uncomfortable and probably not realistic to expect somebody to wear for half of the day, and I couldn't stand my full-body uniforms at some of the places I worked at.

Sure, you would wear it when you knew you would be getting into a close fight, but you also must realize that it gets uncomfortable quickly.

The "armor" people are talking about here is not actual armor, like plate armor or chainmail.

We are talking about clothes that in real life could be used as armor against zombies and NPCs.

Speak for yourself.

I demand to be a black knight and wield a claymore.

I want to walk downtown slowly and let the area hear the sounds

*clank*   *clank*   *clank* 

Whenever I am approaching.

Then to scare them more pull an M60 out of my back pack and begin wrecking the NPC's.

Well you are narrowing it down. Say your faction is about to raid another, you would grab a bullet proof vest for example.

And well. Never wore full body uniform, I don't imagine a vest is that bad to wear, and being a vest I don't see how it can be that discomforting, It would be a personal taste.

Now full body armor obviously going to heat you up and slow you down, but at the same time make you a kinda walking tank sort of thing. I don't see it's full use outside of the above scenario but it just adds that extra couple options for the player, that don't ruin the game, but don't feel like a wasted feature.

A vest over top of your clothes is uncomfortable. You will probably take it off once you don't have an immediate use for it, because it is indeed hefty. And it's Kentucky so it's definitely warm.

That´s why i think simple bulletproof vest would the only amor the game should have, and that`s to protect us against NPC weapons.

Hear hear! But still that'd be hot to wear around.

I´m not talking about a full body bulletproof, i mean a bulletproof vest that cover the chest zone. A light one to protect against pistol and maybe shotgun shots. And i talk about something that should break in one or two shots.

In order for me to want bulletproof vests, a system would need to be worked in for bruising. Getting shot with a vest on is like getting hit in the chest with a baseball; depending on where you get shot, you could suffer anything from moderate bruising to broken ribs.